- December is Book Character Month
- After School Drop-in Activities for Teens
- Lego® Maker Day
- Tech Time
- The Library will be closed Sunday and Monday, December 24th and 25th for Christmas
In Bloomfield Hills Schools, we not only value the communities we serve, we also recognize the importance of maintaining relationships with our neighbors and friends. We are committed to nurturing these relationships through:
- Community Partnership Committees
- Participation in regular meetings and events for organizations such as Birmingham Bloomfield Chamber, Birmingham Bloomfield Community Coalition, and Bloomfield Youth Guidance
- Realtor programs
- Outreach sessions such as Superintendent Coffees, focus groups, and town hall meetings
- School volunteer programs
…and much more! We encourage you to join us in one of our current partnerships or lend support for any of our new initiatives.
To learn more, please click around in the "Community" section of our website or contact:
Shira Good, Director of Communications & Community Relations
- Early Closing December 22: The library will close at 5:30 p.m. on Friday, December 22 and will open on Saturday, December 23 with regular hours, 9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Library Holiday Hours: The library will be closed Sunday, December 24 and Monday, December 25 for the Christmas holiday. The library will re-open Tuesday, December 26 at 9:30 a.m. The library will be closed Sunday, December 31 and Monday, January 1, 2018 for the New Year holiday. The library will re-open Tuesday, January 2 at 9:30 a.m.
- The Library is a place to come for tech help: Computer assistants are available at the Main Library most evenings and weekends to answer questions about Library computers and other technology.
- Test Prep for the SAT, ACT and AP Exams: Test prep services are available to students with a valid West Bloomfield Township Public Library card. Go to www.westbloomfieldlibrary.org, click “eLibrary” and then “Learning Resource Center.”
Join us for A Day in the Sugarbush on March 17, 2018! Visitors have the chance to tap maple trees, gather sap, taste fresh maple syrup and candies, walk the trails, and see inside the historical log cabin. Guided tour groups meet beginning at 11:00 am in the Visitor Center and run every 20 minutes. Visit www.bloomfield.org/Sugarbush-Registration to register.
See common resident birds up close on Saturday, February 3, 2018, at 9:00 a.m. Allen Chartier, one of Michigan's premier birding experts, will capture, identify, measure, band, and release birds that visit the Nature Center bird feeders.