Nutrition & Food Services
Welcome to the Bloomfield Hills Schools Food Services Program Site!
Our web site offers Bloomfield Hills parents and students an in-depth look at the Food Service Department. We will offer you nutritional tips, give you a detailed look at the menus that we provide for your children and introduce you to our catering services for parties or gatherings. We will also give you step-by-step instructions to our pre-payment plan and show you how you can add to your student's account from home.
To make payment or for more information regarding payments please click here.
NEW Charge Policy
Starting Tuesday, October 4, the district will institute a new charge policy for all schools. Communications were sent out in the middle of September with details.
- Auto messages based on the parents selected message choice (call/email/text) are placed weekly (Sunday) to households regarding negative/low balances.
- Communication will be made on accounts with a -$10.00 account balance or higher. The communication will state a deadline that the account needs to be brought up to date or the child will not be able to use their debit card. Forms of communication may include letters, emails, text messages, and/or voice messages.
- When students enter into a negative balance (anything below $0), they will not be able to use their debit cards for meals or a la carte items and will be served an alternate meal, appropriate to dietary restrictions previously noted on the child's account (typically cereal, fruit and milk is provided at a charge of $1.50 to the student's account).
- No a la carte charges can be made on any negative balance accounts.
- To bring the account up to date, families can make payments online within ParentConnect, send a check to school with the student's full name in the memo area (checks made payable to Bloomfield Hills Schools), or place cash in an envelope with the student's full name on the outside of the envelope and send it with the child to school. Cash is accepted at the registers in the middle schools and high school only
Check out School Dish, our new website featuring nutritional information, menus, programs and more!
The Goals of the Food and Nutrition Department
- Provide meals that are high quality, nutritious and appealing to students and staff.
- Serve food that is safe, wholesome and prepared according to proper food handling and sanitation procedures.
- The food service staff are dedicated employees, providing excellent customer service, making your concerns a high priority.
- The program operates on a self-supporting basis with fiscal responsibility.
- Food services continuously strive to improve the nutritional quality and student acceptance of school meals by developing new recipes, offering as many choices as possible, focusing on food presentation and promoting healthy food selections.
NEW Wellness Policy Update
We are currently updating our district's wellness policy. If you have any input or ideas or would like to join please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and we will bring it up!
- Job Opportunities
- What is a School Lunch
- Free & Reduced Lunch
- Farm to School
- Field Trip Lunches
- Catering Menu
- Ace's Monthly Message
- Healthy For Life-Nutrition Information
- School meals are planned to meet at least 1/3 of a student's recommended dietary allowance for various age groups.
- Each student meal includes a minimum of five required food items:
- Meat or meat alternate
- "Offer vs. Serve"
- A wide variety of foods are offered within each food group so that students can select a well-balanced meal. USDA requires that students must choose at least three of the five offered food items. All three food items must be selected from different food groups to assure they meet their recommended nutrient levels.
- Students taking fewer than three items must be charged a la carte prices.
- Families that qualify can receive free or reduced price meals. Families that were approved last year must fill out a NEW form within the first two weeks of school to continue assistance.
- Download the Free and Reduced Application by clicking on the links to the right.
- Confidentiality - All children receiving free or reduced meals are kept confidential.
- Free/reduced meals include 1 entree, half cup fruit, half cup vegetable and carton of milk. To qualify students must take at least an entree with either a fruit or vegetable.
- All other items, including bottled beverages, extra sides and snacks, are not included in the meal and must be paid for separately.
- Green "MyTray" signs are at all of the registers if the students are confused about what is included in the meal.
- Our nutrition staff are always happy to assist students with what comes with a meal as well.
- Families who qualify for reduced or free lunches can deposit money in their student's account to purchase extra menu or snack items.
- Milk: $ .60 for skim, lowfat white, or fat free chocolate
- A la Carte items: Varying prices
- Food Service can provide students with a "special bag lunch" for field trips that require classes to be away during the lunch hour.
- Suggested Lunch Selections
- Sandwich (choice of)
- Grilled Chicken Wrap with shredded lettuce, parmesan,
mozzarella cheese & Ranch dressing
- Sliced Bagel with Turkey & Cream Cheese
- Turkey and Mozzarella Roll Up
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Uncrustable Sandwich (where permitted)
- Fruit (choice of) Apple Slices • Grapes • Applesauce
- Veggie Carrots w/dip
- Snack (choice of) Chips • Cookie • Fruit Roll Up • Yogurt
- Beverage Water or Juice Box
- Suggested Lunch Selections
- Elementary Lunch - $3.15
- Secondary School Lunch - $3.40
- EASY PAY! Use your student's Debit Account to pay for this special bag lunch! Please provide 3 days notice.
- For a Field Trip Lunch Order Form click here.
- Lunches will be delivered to the bus with the student's name attached.
Welcome to Ace, our nutrition mascot! Ace knows that at schooliIt's a great place to get the healthy things you need to grow big and strong. Go to www.acefanclub.com to see what's Ace's monthly message!
Healthy for Life is a program offered by Aramark to help bring nutrition and health information to our students, parents and community. We have new information and tips available every season. Printed copies are also available at your student's school.
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
- Wing Lake June
- Wing lake May
- International Academy June
- International Academy May
- Bloomin' Preschool menu May
- Bloomin' Preschool Menu June
- Elementary Menu June
- Elementary Menu May
- Middle School June
- Middle School Mary
- High School: Fresh Fusion May
- High School: Fresh Fusion june
- High School Bird Feeder
- High School: Food For Thought Menu
- High School Main Menu June
- High School Main Menu May
- Bowers Academy June
- Bowers May
- NEW! Online Free/Reduced Application - paperless
- Free and Reduced Parent Letter
- Free & Reduced Lunch Application -paper
- How to Apply for Free/Reduced
- How do I create an account to apply on Parent Portal?
- Nutrition Policy
- Special Dietary Needs Form
- Wellness Policy