Bloomfield Hills Schools hosted a Red Carpet event for the opening of the Bloomfield Hills High School Performing Arts Center! This event included Hors d'Oeuvres, the Performing Arts Center Opening, and the opening production of the West Side Story with a special presentation before curtain from Ingrid Day, on behalf of the Bloomfield Hills Schools Board of Education.
Welcome to Bloomfield Hills High School! This is a very exciting time for the high school as we start a new era in our new building for the 2015-16 school year. Bloomfield Hills High School is the product of the consolidation of Andover High School (1955–2013) and Lahser High School (1967–2013). Our new campus houses Bloomfield Hills High School grades 9-12, provides a permanent facility on-site for Model Center, and offers highly collaborative and technical learning spaces for our high school students.
Join us for the class of 2020 Parent Orientation Night on Tuesday, February 16, 2016. at 7 p.m. at Bloomfield Hills High School (4200 Andover Road, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302). We invite you to explore all that BHHS has to offer!Parking Map (entrances off of Long Lake or Andover Roads)
- 6:00 - 7:00 PM Check-in
- 6:00 - 7:00 PM IB Diploma Programme Presentation (optional)
- 7:00 - 7:20 PM Welcome and Overview
- 7:30 - 8:15 PM Orientation with Counselors
- 8:15 - 8:45 PM Building Tours (optional)
The 300 and 400 Chinese classes class went to the Chinese Community Center last week to celebrate Chinese New Year. They learned how to play yoyo, do paper cutting and calligraphy, and they also learned how to make dumplings! The student invite everyone to join them for their annual Chinese New Year Party and Fundraiser on Thursday, February 18, 2016, from 5-7:00 PM in the main commons.
Last week we had a student diagnosed with Pertussis (Whooping Cough) at Bloomfield Hills High School. We have been notified that another student in our school has been diagnosed with pertussis. That student was infectious during the period of January 19 - February 9. The student is currently out of school and will return once they have completed antibiotic treatment.
The following guidelines are based on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations when there is more than one case of pertussis in a school setting:
- Please make sure your family's vaccinations are up to date. Protection against pertussis from the childhood vaccine, DTaP, decreases over time. All older children and adults, particularly pregnant women, should get a pertussis booster shot called "Tdap" to protect themselves and infants near or around them.
- Monitor your child for symptoms. Pertussis begins with a runny nose, sneezing, mild cough, and possibly a low-grade fever. After a week or two, a persistent cough develops. Coughing attacks occur more frequently at night and may increase during the first two weeks of illness and then remain the same for many weeks before gradually decreasing.
- Respond to symptoms in your child. Quick identification of suspected cases can reduce any further exposure within our school, encourages timely medical evaluation, and treatment of cases.
Regardless of their immunization status, students who are immunocompromised or have moderate to severe medically treated asthma, and all students who live with or have close contact with an infant under 12 months old or a pregnant family member, should contact their physician to receive preventive antibiotics.
For more information, please click HERE to view a Pertussis fact sheet from the Oakland County Health Department who works with the school in monitoring this situation.
The health and safety of our students is our primary concern and should you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Oakland County Health Division Nurse on Call at (248) 858-1406.
On Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday (February 15, 16, 17) contractors will be in the building finishing up the trim around student lockers. The contractors will have a master key to open lockers to complete the trimming process. Students should remove any valuable items from their lockers. If you have any questions, call 248 341 5601.
Click here to view more photo galleries!