Student Parking & Drop-Off
Each year the administration will determine the number of parking passes to be sold to students. All student drivers must register all vehicles they drive to school by presenting a copy of the vehicle registration, driver's license, and a parking application. Students permitted to drive are responsible for following all parking rules.
Senior Parking Permits
Class of 2018 students who would like to purchase a parking permit for the 2017-2018 school year must have ALL previous fines and fees paid before they complete the Senior Parking Application and return it along with payment, a valid driver's license and vehicle registration to Mrs. Mezey in the main office between May 8 and May 19. THIS WILL BE THE ONLY TIME TO PURCHASE A PARKING PASS FOR NEXT YEAR. The 2017-2018 parking permit is NOT a permit to park this year. If an incoming senior does not have a driver's license, his/her spot will be held upon receipt of their application and payment.
Junior Parking Lottery
Attention Class of 2019 (next year's Juniors) students wishing to obtain a parking pass for next year: You may now apply for the Junior Parking lottery by completing the information on the Junior Lottery Form (students must be logged into their Bloomfield Google account to access this form). The lottery will be held June 2 and sophomores WHO WIN the lottery will be able to purchase their 2017-2018 parking permit June 12-June 16 AFTER all previous fines and fees have been paid. This is NOT a permit to park this year. If a junior wins a spot in the lottery and does not have a driver's license, his/her spot will be held upon receipt of their application and payment.
Drop-off and Pick-up
Students may be dropped off or picked up by the main entrance ONLY. Please do not drop off or pick up students in the faculty lot (across the street from main entrance) or in the bus loop.
When accessing the main entrance drop-off, please adhere to the following procedures:
- When dropping off before school, please pull forward as far as possible so we are able to accommodate as many cars as possible and to prevent back-ups on Andover and Long Lake Roads.
- Students should NOT be dropped off in the left lane as it is used for passing and exit of vehicles.
- Please be considerate with merging vehicles entering the drop-off zone.
- Do NOT drop off any students on Andover or Long Lake Roads.
- Students should be prepared to exit the vehicle QUICKLY at drop-off so traffic can flow continuously.
The cost of a parking permit is $80. Due to limited space, seniors will be given priority for student parking. It is the responsibility of students who drive to school to have a parking sticker VISIBLY displayed in the lower driver’s side of the windshield. Parking stickers are non‐transferable, including those who carpool. If a parking sticker is lost/stolen, a new one must be purchased.
1. All vehicles parked on school grounds must be registered with the school and must visibly display the current parking tag in the lower driver’s side of the windshield. STUDENTS MAY NOT SHARE PARKING PERMIT WITH OTHER STUDENT DRIVERS. Violators will be ticketed and/or parking privileges may be suspended.
2. Parking is strictly limited to the student parking area (students must park in the designated student lots on the north side of the building ONLY). Certain designated parking lots are for school staﬀ, personnel, and others designated by administration. These lots MAY NOT be used by students at any time. Student vehicles parked in these lots may be ticketed or towed at the discretion of administration.
3. We have been notified by the township police that students who park on the lots of private businesses will be ticketed and or towed. This includes the township parking lot and senior center just across Andover Road from the high school.
4. All students must be licensed and covered by insurance. The school is not responsible for the automobile and its contents.
5. Vehicles MAY NOT be parked or located in the bus lanes or ﬁre lanes at ANY TIME. Video cameras may be active in parking lots and may be used for the purposes of investigation into student misconduct.
6. There is to be no loitering in the parking lot or visitation of same without permission.
7. There will be no driving over 5 miles per hour, or any form of careless driving on school grounds. Students caught driving recklessly in the parking lot may be subject to disciplinary action or temporary/permanent loss of parking permit.
8. Student vehicles may be subject to search if there are reasonable grounds to believe that drugs, alcohol, stolen property or other contraband might be present in that vehicle.
9. A student has the right to appeal a parking ticket to building administration within five days of issuance. Students that receive multiple tickets for parking violations may have their parking privileges suspended or revoked.
10. Students parking in handicapped spaces must provide a physician’s note on their letterhead and MUST HAVE a valid handicapped permit issued by the Secretary of State.
11. Students are responsible for notifying Mrs. Mezey or Mr. Ex of any changes to license plate numbers or when driving a car NOT listed on this registration form.