Points of Pride
- In January of 2011, East Hills earned full authorization as an International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme World School.
- North Central Accredited School.
- Positive Behavior Interventions and Support (PBIS) with a focus on the traits of being respectful, responsible, and safe.
- Accelerated math classes offered for advanced students.
- Spanish offered in fifth grade; Chinese and Spanish offered in sixth through eighth grades.
- Sixth through eighth grade Unified Arts Program provides a creative and integrated exploratory experience in the Fine Arts, Technology, and Life Skills.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) technology instruction which includes information, design and systems technologies.
- Student – teacher ratio approximately 25:1.
- Wireless access throughout the building.
- Interactive/Promethean Boards in every classroom.
- Over 20 sports opportunities offered.
- A wide range of co-curricular club offerings.
- Red Ribbon Week: a spirit week that celebrates healthy choices and a healthy life, including a school wide assembly that promotes a safe, engaging, and fun school culture.
- Talent Show: a time to create space for our students to perform and showcase their talents while the entire school community celebrates our students' achievements.
- Empty Bowls: a school-wide event highlighting issues of hunger locally and around the world with a curricular focus on community and service.
- Multicultural Night: a night dedicated to the celebration of culture that includes international cuisine, world music, cultural displays, and cross-cultural games.
- Field Day: a day filled with multi-grade level collaboration focusing on both physical and brain-based challenges incorporating and blending together both our IB and PBIS philosophies.
- Academic Extension courses offered in seventh and eighth grade that promote and encourage leadership, reflection, and student action.
- Michigan Green School: Emerald Status.
Front Row(Left to Right): Adel Obeid, Sofia Marra, Matthew Hendrick
Back Row: Bella Henneman, Jaquelin Wojcik, Anita Abbo, Kyle Hall, Thomas Dailey
Front Row(Left to Right): Bennett Cooper, Conner Greig, Evan Knox, Erin Williams
Back Row: Maya Murray, Lara Jonz, Sofia Mosley, Sheehan Hussain
Front Row(Left to Right): Lillian Kiesel, Sofia Mosley, Isabelle Harber
Back Row: Andrew Baskin, Grant Rhoads, Hunter Bar, Kendall Isaacson
Not Pictured: Anthony Mulhem
Back Row: Brenden Kevelighan, Sean McGregor, Skylar Goldstein, Matthew Hendrick, Anna Partalis
Front Row: Paige Perry, Mason Canfield, Brett Almany, Adam Reinke
Back Row: Andrea Beu, Da-Jon Moton, Peter Susanto, Katherine O'Neill
Not pictured: Madison Hedges
Grade 8 - Ryan Ebrahim, Stacia James, Shea Goff,
Grade 7 - Madeline vonMoeller, Ilyaas Rasheed
Grade 6 - Max Tomalka, Emily Dailey
Grade 5 - Joey Eichmann, Clayton Hartje, Peyton Score