Volunteer Days & Community Service
The Nature Center coordinates a volunteer program entitled "Stewards of the Land." Opportunities exist for groups or individuals to participate in a variety of outdoor projects ranging from invasive species removal to planting trees, mulching trails, clearing brush, etc. Most work sessions are held in the fall and the spring, typically on Saturdays from 9:00am until noon.
Students Earn Community Service Credit
These are great opportunities for students to earn community service credit. They will receive the required signed and dated document indicating number of hours of voluntary service.
- To volunteer please contact Dan Badgley at 248.341.6487 in advance to find out what projects are scheduled on a given date. This allows the Nature Center to efficiently plan the workforce.
- Volunteers might wish to bring a pair of work gloves, although some well-used ones are available.
- Snacks and water will be provided.
- Saturday, Oct 21, 2017 (9am - 12pm)
- Saturday, November 4, 2017 (9am - 12pm)
- Saturday, April 21, 2018 (9am - 12pm)