As promised, below are Fun Run pictures provided by Way parent, Mr. Shaw.
Way Elementary School
In This We Believe at Way Elementary
- Focusing students on the learning vs. the work
- Teaching for understanding vs. mere knowledge
- Encouraging deep vs. surface learning strategies
- Promoting independence vs. dependence
- Developing a growth vs. fixed mindset
Want to learn more? Please feel free to contact us for an appointment and tour.
Our job is not to make up anybody's mind, but to open minds and to make the agony of the decision making so intense you can escape only by thinking. - Fred Friendly
A Window Into Way
Making Our Thinking Visible
It is often difficult to comprehend the extensive amount of thinking, learning, and understanding that is taking place inside your child’s classroom each and every day. A Window Into Way will provide you with snapshots of learning opportunities students are engaged in; experiences in which thinking is valued, visible and actively promoted. By making student’s thinking visible, we can better understand how our students are learning as well as their depth of understanding. Enjoy!
Support Your Child in Arguing Effectively and Persuasively
Each day Way's doors open at 8:50 a.m. and instruction begins at 9:05 a.m. If you are dropping off your child as opposed to the bus, please do not drop off before 8:50 a.m. as staff coverage begins at that time. Latchkey is available for students needing an earlier drop off. We want to keep our students safe and comfortable. No child should be outside waiting at the entrance for the doors to open.
Please dress your child for the weather during recess. We will go outside when the temperature with wind chill is above 10 degrees. Students should have hats, gloves, boots, warm coats and snow pants.
Here is information on the FITNESSGRAM assessment from Ms. Tocco. FITNESSGRAM Letter
- Gymnastics - GYM (Sept. 26-Dec. 12) No class 10/3, 10/31, 11/14
- Little Medical School - Room 31 (Sept.26-Nov. 14) No Class 10/3 or 10/31
- K Robotics - Room 24 (Sept. 26 - Nov. 21) No class Oct. 3, Oct. 31 & Nov. 14
- Floor Hockey - GYM (Sept. 27-Oct. 25)
- K - 1 Robotics - Room 19 (Sept. 13 - Nov. 7) No. class Sept. 20
- Basketball - GYM (Sept. 28-Nov. 2) (No class 11/12)
- Chess Wizards - Room 26 (Sept. 29-Dec. 15) No class 11/17 & 11/24
- Musical Theater - GYM (Sept. 29-Dec. 15) No class 11/17 & 11/24
- 3rd Grade Robotics - Room 31 (Sept. 29 & Oct. 28)
- 3rd Grade Robotics - Room 19 (Sept. 8-Nov. 12)
- Field Hockey - Fields ((Sept. 30 - Nov. 4)
- Legos - Room 24 (Sept. 23-Oct. 21)
- 2nd Grade Robotics - Room 19 (Sept. 16-Nov. 4)
- Soccer - Fields (Sept. 30-Nov. 4)
765 West Long Lake Road
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302
|Class||9:05 a.m. - 3:55 p.m.|
|Half Days||12:20 p.m. Dismissal|
7:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
3:55 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
|Office||8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|