West Hills Middle School
The mission of WHMS is to ensure academic excellence, promote an enduring passion for learning, and encourage global citizenship while celebrating the success of each individual learner.
The school motto: "Nothing Less Than Your Best" is indicative of the high academic and personal standards to which West Hills is dedicated. Along with a strong emphasis on the development of academic knowledge, skills, technology and personal development, West Hills is proud of its commitment to performing and fine arts. In addition, West Hills offers over 19 different sports and several enriching co-curricular clubs and activities.
Enjoy browsing our website!
Monday, May 22 - B Day
Tuesday, May 23 - A day
Wednesday, May 24 - B day
Thursday, May 25 - A day
Friday, May 26 - B day (1/2 Day of School - Students released at 11:35 a.m.)
- The BHHS Bionic Black Hawks Robotics team will be hosting an information night for rising students grades 9-12 Wednesday, May 24 from 7-8:30 p.m. at the Shop in the Lahser Building. CLICK HERE for more details.
- Tryouts for the 2017-2018 Poms team will take place starting Tuesday, May 30th. 8th graders interested in tryout out for the team should plan to attend an informational meeting on Thursday, May 25th at 3:30 p.m. in BHHS room A103. CLICK HERE for more details.
- The Girls Golf team is hosting a player/parent meeting for rising students grades 9-12 on June 1 in the lower cafe of the high school. CLICK HERE for more details.
- The Band, Orchestra, and Choir will be taking a trip to Orlando in February 2018. The first payment is due by June 1. CLICK HERE for more details.
Are you interested in joining a Robotics Team?
Please follow the steps below:
1. Visit http://www.bloomfield.org/recreation
2. Click on the green button the sign up, login / register an account if needed
3. Click "browse" and "continue" to register for Robotics
All students grades K-8 must register by June 2. If you have questions, please contact the Recreation Department at 248.433.0885 or Recreation@bloomfield.org.
Students will embark on a journey to investigate the imaginative world of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) within a fun and supportive learning environment. We will be doing hands on learning activities including using a computer software program to design their very own figure and print it on our 3D printers and broadcasting the students on our cable TV show to reward the winning popsicle bridge design. They will also be exploring a light switch power circuit and learn Math through fun group games. Lastly, students will be exposed to FIRST Robotics through a demonstration from a FIRST Team within their age group. Students should being their own peanut free lunch, snack and refillable water bottle. Camp is for BH students only. Girls only; free to join! Grades 3-5, August 8-9; Grades 6-8, August 10. Register online at www.bloomfield.org/recreation
West Hills Middle School
2601 Lone Pine Road
West Bloomfield, MI 48323
Rob Durecka, Principal
Andy Gignac, Assistant Principal
Debbie Steaban, Principal's Secretary
Lisa Jones, Attendance Secretary
Tony Castellani, Guidance Counselor
(4th, 6th, & 8th)
Anne Westphal, Guidance Counselor
(5th & 7th)
Jill Geden, IB PYP Coordinator
|Class||8:15 a.m. - 3:05 p.m.|
|Half Days||11:35 a.m. Dismissal|
7:00 a.m. - 8:15 a.m.
3:05 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
|Office||7:15 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.|