Bloomfield Hills Schools CLOSED 10/24/17
Bloomfield Hills Schools will be closed on Tuesday, October 24, 2017, due to the boil advisory that is in effect as a result of the water main break at 14 mile and Verona Road. Both Bloomfield Township and West Bloomfield Township are under a water boil advisory until further notice.
Boil Water Instructions:
- Bring water to a rolling boil for at least one minute of time. Let cool for approximately 15 minutes before drinking boiled water. Proceed to store the cooled water in a clean container and seal it with a cover.
Consumers should use boiled water that has cooled or use bottled water for the following:
- Brushing of Teeth
- Washing of fruits and vegetables
- Preparing food and baby formula
- Making ice
- Giving water to animals/pets
Unable to Boil Water – Disinfect with Bleach:
- Use unscented bleach to disinfect supplies of water. Mix 8 drops (1/8 teaspoon) of bleach per one gallon of water. Mix well and let the water stand for 30 minutes before use.
- Do not drink tap water.
- Do not use tap water to make drinks, formula, juices or fountain soft drinks.
- Wash your hands and bathe/shower as usual, but use hand sanitizer after washing hands with soap and water whenever possible. Bathing is safe as long as absolutely no water is swallowed.
- Wash laundry as usual. Laundry that is washed in hot or cold water is considered safe.
What To Do After The Advisory Ends?
- Turn on your tap slowly and run the water to flush water pipes for 5 minutes.
- You may need to clean appliances such as water softeners, filter units, waste dispensers and ice makers. Read owner’s manuals for specific directions to clean appliances.
For up-to-date public health information, visit www.oakgov.com/health.