All Way families now have the ability to "Select Language" on the PTO Website. There are 58 different languages to choose from. Whether you have a PTO Website account or not (it is free of charge to create a login account), please visit wayelementarypto.com and click on the "Select Language" button on the left side of the home screen if you'd like to translate the website to another language. If you do not have a PTO Website account, please consider creating one so that you will begin to receive our weekly PTO Happenings emails.
Way Elementary School
In This We Believe at Way Elementary
- Focusing students on the learning vs. the work
- Teaching for understanding vs. mere knowledge
- Encouraging deep vs. surface learning strategies
- Promoting independence vs. dependence
- Developing a growth vs. fixed mindset
Want to learn more? Please feel free to contact us for an appointment and tour.
Our job is not to make up anybody's mind, but to open minds and to make the agony of the decision making so intense you can escape only by thinking. - Fred Friendly
MOVE UP DAY - MAY 27, 2016
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FOURTH GRADE STUDENTS
FROM WAY AND CONANT ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS
Friday, May 27, 2016, is "Move-Up" day in the BHS district. Fourth-grade students from Way and Conant will be visiting Bloomfield Hills Middle School (BHMS) from 9:15 – 11:05 a.m. to learn what it's like to be a fifth-grader at BHMS. The BHMS staff is excited for the opportunity to meet the soon-to-be fifth-graders, and want to make this day a great experience for everyone involved. Please review the start and end-of-day procedures below.
Congratulations to Mrs. Rhondi Lance who was nominated for the 2016 Oakland County Outstanding Teacher of the Year Award.These awards are presented annually to honor and reward Oakland County teachers who have achieved, through their effort and example, the highest standards of excellence in their profession. Way to go, Mrs. Lance.
- Flag Football - FIELDS (Apr. 25-June 6) No class May 30
- Floor Hockey - GYM ((Apr. 26-June 7)
- Basketball - GYM (May 4-June 8)
- Cheer & Pom - ART ROOM (Apr. 27-June 15)
- Young Rembrandts - Room 27 (May 18-June 8)
- Chess Wizards - Room 30 (Apr. 14-May 26) No class Apr. 21
- Musical Theater - GYM (Apr. 14-June 16) May 5th class will be held in the Media Center
- LEGO Challenge - Room 28 (Apr. 22-June 3) No class May 27
765 West Long Lake Road
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302
|Class||9:05am to 3:55pm|
|Half Days||Dismissal at 12:20pm|
7:00am to 9:00am
3:55pm to 6:00pm
|Office||8:00am to 4:30pm|