2020-2021 School Year
COVID-19 within our community.
Prescreen Form / Report a Case of COVID-19
The safety of our students, staff, and visitors remain our top priority. To prevent the spread of COVID-19 and reduce the potential risk of exposure to our students and staff, we are utilizing a pre-screen form.
This form is the daily pre-screen tool for students, staff, and visitors/vendors. It is also used to report possible or confirmed cases of COVID-19 among students and staff. Bloomfield Virtual students do not need to complete this form on a daily basis.
Review the Oakland County COVID-19 Scenarios Flowcharts for further details.
Real Time COVID-19 Dashboard
All positive COVID-19 cases among BHS staff and students will be posted on the Real Time COVID-19 Data Dashboard. The following actions will take place for each positive case:
- The individual(s) in question will be quarantined from work/school until released to return by the Oakland County Health Department (OCHD).
- Those individuals who are determined to have been in close contact with the COVID-19 positive individual(s) by the OCHD will be personally contacted by someone from the Health Department with additional guidance.
- Bloomfield Hills Schools will conduct additional, deep cleaning of the classroom, office, bus, or other space that was occupied by the COVID-19 positive individual(s) prior to it being reopened for staff and/or students.
- What is the Purpose of the Pre-screen, Attendance, and COVID Reporting Survey?
- Will BHS return to remote/virtual learning due to rising COVID-19 numbers? What factors play a role in this decision?
- Who is considered a "close contact"?
- What is Hybrid Learning?
- What is Distance Learning?
- What is Synchronous Learning?
- Are Guests Allowed in the School Buildings?
- What Guidelines Do Athletics Follow?
- How Can I Help Prevent the Spread of COVID-19?
COVID-19 Oakland County Dashboard
This dashboard is for informational purposes only.
These metrics and several other variables are reviewed daily. However, this doesn't include a mechanism for an "on/off switch" for decisions. This is what the US and other countries have moved to, targeted closures based on spread.
This is a free, confidential, 24/7, 365-day-a-year treatment referral and information service (in English and Spanish) for individuals and families facing mental and/or substance use disorders.
Board of Education updates are available on BHS-TV.
These guidelines will be followed by district employees, Enviro-Clean employees, and any other similar entities that might work in our schools in the future. They are intended to be district-specific guidelines, in addition to policy and mandates from Oakland County Health Division, Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Viruses can be spread in many ways; airborne contaminants, surface touching, or person-to-person contact. These guidelines focus primarily on surface touching by attacking the viruses through the cleaning of surfaces.