If a student or staff member is exposed to COVID-19 but has no symptoms, they should self-quarantine for 14 days after the last day of exposure (count starts with the next day).
Self-Quarantine means you must:
- Stay home 24/7 for 14 days
- Watch for symptoms and maintain physical distance (at least 6 feet) from others at all times
- Check and record your temperature 2x a day
If a student or staff member tests positive for COVID-19, they must isolate for a minimum of 10 days from symptom onset or test date.
Isolation involves everything that quarantine does, but in addition, it means you must stay away from other family members. The OCHD says someone in isolation:
- Stay in a separate room from other household members
- Use separate bathroom if possible. If sharing a bathroom, keep toothbrushes separate and disinfect all surfaces after each use.
- Avoid sharing personal items like dishes, drinking glasses, cups
- DO NOT eat, hang out or spend time in the same room as others