Strategic Plan 2019-2023
V I S I O N
Bloomfield Hills Schools will lead the nation in educating and empowering every learner, every day, with compassion and integrity in a welcoming environment.
M I S S I O N
Bloomfield Hills Schools delivers comprehensive, challenging, and inspiring education in a community that equips all learners to become architects of their futures.
BHS will provide an educational experience where all learners are empowered to reach their unique potential reflecting the BHS “Portrait of Learner”.
BHS will adopt measurable best practices in:
- 1. Providing experiential, student-centered learning, emphasizing a high level of effective research and inquiry throughout the curriculum.
- 2. Optimizing our use of time to best support the learning needs of students and staff.
- 3. Implementing multiple ways for students to show evidence of learning.
- 4. Providing all students a rigorous curriculum aligned to standards for every subject.
- 5. Ensuring ongoing opportunities for student choice and voice across all disciplines.
- 6. Ensuring that students of all abilities are offered the consistent and coherent support needed to reach their potential (MTSS, 504, IEP, etc.)
- 7. Educating the whole child and intentionally planning for the social/emotional well-being of all students.
BHS will maximize and equitably allocate resources to achieve District goals.
- Ensure safe and secure facilities.
- Support students’ learning and engagement with state of the art facilities, technology and materials.
- Expand availability and community use of district facilities.
- Develop multiple revenue streams and cost sharing opportunities.
- Support the continued growth of the Bloomfield Hills Schools Foundation.
- Establish a review process to assess how programs affect students in order to allocate resources equitably to cover the full range of student needs and abilities.
- Create a broad-based collaborative of stakeholders to attract and retain families with school age children to Bloomfield Hills Schools.
BHS will continue to attract, retain, and develop a high quality workforce that supports every student through:
- A collaborative culture of trust, engagement, and growth.
- The strength of diverse voices and multiple perspectives.
- The engagement and empowerment of every employee.
BHS provides all community members with information to be engaged and empowered.
- Provide clear, consistent, and comprehensive communication.
- Create, sustain, and grow relationships and partnerships.
- Use a variety of tools and activities to provide open and accessible communications.
Master Property Planning
Since the 2014-2015 school year, Bloomfield Hills Schools has engaged in the community in a Master Property Planning process. This Master Property Planning is determining the best use for the buildings and properties no longer housing specific school programming as of September 2015.
On May 8, 2018, voters in Bloomfield Hills Schools will be asked to consider a .7165 mill, six-year sinking fund replacement (to replace the existing sinking fund, set to expire in December of 2018). A sinking fund is a savings account into which a local school district can deposit voter-approved local millage revenue in order to pay cash for the most urgent building projects or repairs as they arise. Sinking funds provide districts with a cost-effective alternative to borrowing or bonding for some expenditures because they require none of the associated legal fees or incurred interest.
Since the start of the current strategic plan, the district has had several community outreach programs and information programs such as "Ask Rob", "Coffee Chat", and "Did you Know?"