Term Expires: December 31, 2024
Board of Education Goals
2022 BHS Board of Education Goals, Adopted 2/24/22
By November 2022, the Board will complete the MASB board self-evaluation to measure the progress made, if any, since the Nov 2021 evaluation (MGS 2)
- By March 2022, the Board will complete the Strategic Plan vision statement (MGS 1)
- By December 2022, the Board will form intergroup (board + admin) committees from the Committee of the Whole’s members, designed to reduce any redundancies, foster more collaborative relationships, and economize the length of CoW meetings (MGS 1, 2, 4)
- In collaboration with the Superintendent and DEI directors, by November 2022 the Board will develop a Board-directed JEDI plan that aligns with BOE Strategic Goals and student resolution, determining any gaps and identifying next steps for closure (All MGS, esp. 2)
- By March 2022, the Board will evaluate the current superintendent evaluation tool and other instruments for consideration, to determine which evaluation tool includes the best student growth/achievement metrics (All MGS, esp. 4)
- By June 2022, the Board will update the annual Board Calendar and the Board Operating Procedures (BOP), outlining the timeline for cyclical BOE tasks, including but not limited to: Board governance responsibilities, setting Board goals, setting District/Superintendent goals, completing the Superintendent evaluation, and completing the Board self-evaluation (MGS 2 & 4)
- By June 2022, the Board will have an established schedule for community coffee hours (MGS 3)
- In alignment with 2022 BHS District Goal #8, by June 2022 the Board will craft a list of capital needs and wants that will help inform and prioritize capital projects for 2023 onward (All MGS)
- The Board of Education, in cooperation with the superintendent and stakeholders, establishes and commits to a vision for the school district that emphasizes high expectations for achievement of all students and quality instruction.
- The Board of Education governs in a manner that is dignified and worthy of trust.
- The Board of Education is accountable to the school district community.
- The Board of Education holds the superintendent accountable for creating the outcomes identified in the school district plan.