Strategic Plan 2019-2023
M I S S I O N
To enable learners to become architects of their futures, building on a foundation of scholarship, citizenship, service, and integrity.
- Superintendent Goals 2018-19
- Board Goals 2018-19
- Strategic Plan 2018-19
- Strategic Plan 2017-18
- 2012-2018 Strategic Plan Key Performance Indicators
- Mission, Goals and Values 2014
- 10.24.13: Revisiting 10-Year Strategic Plan
- BHS Guiding Principles for Teaching & Learning
- Strategic Plan Adopted by BOE 2009
- Strategic Plan Summary Proposal, Draft 2
- Originating Strategic Plan Document 2008
- 2008 Choosing Opportunity: The 10 Year Strategic Plan
BHS will provide an educational experience where all learners are empowered to reach their unique potential reflecting the BHS “Portrait of Learner”.
BHS will adopt measurable best practices in:
- 1. Providing experiential, student-centered learning, emphasizing a high level of effective research and inquiry throughout the curriculum.
- 2. Optimizing our use of time to best support the learning needs of students and staff.
- 3. Implementing multiple ways for students to show evidence of learning.
- 4. Providing all students a rigorous curriculum aligned to standards for every subject.
- 5. Ensuring ongoing opportunities for student choice and voice across all disciplines.
- 6. Ensuring that students of all abilities are offered the consistent and coherent support needed to reach their potential (MTSS, 504, IEP, etc.)
- 7. Educating the whole child and intentionally planning for the social/emotional well-being of all students.
BHS will maximize and equitably allocate resources to achieve District goals.
- Ensure safe and secure facilities.
- Support students’ learning and engagement with state of the art facilities, technology and materials.
- Expand availability and community use of district facilities.
- Develop multiple revenue streams and cost sharing opportunities.
- Support the continued growth of the Bloomfield Hills Schools Foundation.
- Establish a review process to assess how programs affect students in order to allocate resources equitably to cover the full range of student needs and abilities.
- Create a broad-based collaborative of stakeholders to attract and retain families with school age children to Bloomfield Hills Schools.
BHS will continue to attract, retain, and develop a high quality workforce that supports every student through:
- A collaborative culture of trust, engagement, and growth.
- The strength of diverse voices and multiple perspectives.
- The engagement and empowerment of every employee.
BHS provides all community members with information to be engaged and empowered.
- Provide clear, consistent, and comprehensive communication.
- Create, sustain, and grow relationships and partnerships.
- Use a variety of tools and activities to provide open and accessible communications.