Director of Communications and Service Standards
Distinguished Service Award
Nominations for the 2018-2019 DSA are due by March 29, 2019, at 5:00 p.m. Late submissions will not be considered, nor will email submissions.
Criteria for Distinguished Service Award
The Bloomfield Hills Schools Distinguished Service Award is given annually to recognize extraordinary contributions and service by district staff members, community members, parents, Board members and alumni. The award will be given to a maximum of three (3) individuals and presented at the Board of Education meeting in June.
The nominee should be:
- An exceptionally dedicated individual who consistently goes above and beyond the call of duty.
- Supportive of the learning environment and support of the community.
- Someone with a minimum of five years dedication to Bloomfield Hills Schools.
- May be an individual previously nominated, but may not be an individual previously awarded.
A complete nomination consists of:
- Completed nomination form
- 2-minute video which includes:
- Examples of ways this individual exemplifies the district’s core values and mission statement.
- Examples of the individual's contributions toward the excellence of BHS.
- The individual’s service that strengthens and enhances the educational experience for students.
A selection committee, made up of representatives of Bloomfield Hills Schools staff and Board of Education, will review the nominations and select a maximum of three individuals to receive recognition.
Bloomfield Hills Schools will notify awardees in early May. Awardees will be invited to attend the June Board of Education meeting at Bloomfield Hills High School, during which they will be presented with the award. They will be encouraged to bring family members to attend the presentation.
- Speak clearly.
- Do NOT use music in your nomination video.
- Hold the cell phone horizontally, not “tall”, or use a proper video camera.
- Hold the camera steady or rest it on an object, such as a table, for support.
- Include three or more unique “testimonials”, speaking to the strengths of the nominee.
- The video may or may not include students. Please be sure to verify that all youth participants have permission from a parent or guardian to be in the video, which will be shared publicly.
- The video should not be longer than two minutes.
- Please consider adding subtitles for our DHH population or asking a staff interpreter to stand next to each testimonial participant as they speak and sign the dialogue.
- Get creative!!! Honor the nominee by submitting a creative video that would make them proud!