At this point in time, Bloomfield Hills Schools will be in position to offer full in-person programming in the Fall 2021. We are hopeful that traditions, field trips, clubs & organizations, sports, and all the things that make a complete school experience will happen for our students and staff next school year.
Families will receive an email next week which will ask families to let the district know their Intent to Return to the district next year and their preference for in-person or virtual learning instruction. Please make the best decision you can given what you know now as this will help us plan for next year. Annual Registration for the 2021-22 school year will take place in July.
While no one can predict what the circumstances will be in September, we are committed to maintaining a traditional in-person school experience, 5-days-per-week, with the necessary safety protocols in place.
To support this plan, the district has been working across departments on implementation, including:
- Utilizing all available learning spaces to allow for appropriate spacing of students.
- Considering staffing needs to safely support a full time in-person teaching for all learners.
- Exploring options for ongoing Covid-19 testing and vaccination.
- Contingency planning for safety protocols that maximize student and staff well-being.
- Continued efforts and strategies offered to support students who are in quarantine by orders of the Health Department.
- Continuing expansion of classroom technology including training of staff on the use of technology to support individual learning needs, learning within and beyond the walls of the classroom, and flexible access to learning.
- Consideration of whether some families may wish to choose virtual education options.
With the ongoing research into effective mitigation strategies, broadening access to Covid-19 vaccination, and the opportunity to build on the lessons learned this year, we are confident and optimistic about the future that lies ahead as we come back together for the 2021-22 school year.
Thank you for your ongoing patience and support through an incredible year of learning, resilience and joys in discovering new areas of strength. Better things are ahead of us and that work is well underway. There are and will be questions that simply cannot yet be answered, but we wanted to assure you that we look forward to returning to our most treasured traditions, building on our areas of strength, and moving forward on our journey educating our students and building a strong community with our families in the coming year.