The International Baccalaureate (IB) programs at Bloomfield Hills School fosters personal growth and academic excellence, empowering students to cultivate critical thinking skills, inquire thoughtfully, and connect knowledge across various disciplines. IB Primary Years, Middle Years and Diploma Programmes (DP) provide a challenging curriculum that is consistent and highly regarded around the world.
IB learners are:
- encouraged to think critically and solve complex problems.
- drive their own learning.
- a core part in educational programmes that can lead them to some of the highest-ranking universities around the world.
- more culturally aware through the development of a second language.
- able to engage with people in an increasingly globalized, rapidly changing world.
Primary Years Programme
The IB Primary Years Programme (PYP) for children aged 3 - 12 nurtures and develops young students as caring, active participants in a lifelong journey of learning.
Middle Years Programme
The IB Middle Years Programme (MYP) is for students aged 11-16. Students who complete the MYP are well-prepared to undertake the IB Diploma Programme (DP).