- Family Building Blocks (All Ages)
- Full STEAM Ahead (Recommended for ages 2 to 5)
- Young Adult After School Maker Monday: High Tech Halloween
- Tot Spot (Recommended for ages 1 to 3)
- ¡Cuentos y Canciones! (Recommended for ages 2 to 5)
- Baby Time (For pre-walking infants, ages birth to 12 months)
- Saturday, Monster Mash (All ages)
- After-School Activities for Teens
- Main Library Meeting Room
In Bloomfield Hills Schools, we not only value the communities we serve, we also recognize the importance of maintaining relationships with our neighbors and friends. We are committed to nurturing these relationships through:
- Community Partnership Committees
- Participation in regular meetings and events for organizations such as Birmingham Bloomfield Chamber, Birmingham Bloomfield Community Coalition, and Bloomfield Youth Guidance
- Realtor programs
- Outreach sessions such as Superintendent Coffees, focus groups, and town hall meetings
- School volunteer programs
…and much more! We encourage you to join us in one of our current partnerships or lend support for any of our new initiatives.
To learn more, please click around in the "Community" section of our website or contact:
Shira Good, Director of Communications & Community Relations
“Maker Mondays” are new this fall for students in 6th through 12th grades. Learn about robotics, compose music with analog and digital instruments and apps, and make some “high-tech Halloween” accessories. For a schedule of Maker Mondays, go to the online Event Calendar at www.westbloomfieldlibrary.org.
Kanopy, an on-demand streaming service from the Library, offers a curated selection of educational and enriching videos for children. Categories include literary classics, learning languages, tales from history, learning about math and nature, and movies for younger and older children. Videos come with developmentally appropriate, age-based ratings from Common Sense Media.
The Kanopy service also offers more than 30,000 videos for adults, including indie and classic films, film festival favorites, rare and hard-to-find titles, award-winning documentaries, world cinema, and selections from The Great Courses series and PBS. To browse what’s available, go to www.westbloomfieldlibrary.org and click “eLibrary.”
Join us at the BHS Ski Swap in the Bloomfield Hills Middle School Field House on Saturday, November 10, 2018, from 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. A huge savings on hundreds of new and slightly used skis, boots, snowboards, apparel and accessories will be available for all ages. For additional information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oakland University is offering free Study Skills Groups for students from 9:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. on the following dates:
- High School - Saturday, November 3, 2018
- Middle School - Saturday, November 10, 2018
- Elementary - Saturday, November 17, 2018
Students will learn new techniques for effective learning, develop individualized, innovative study plans, and adopt new learning strategies to improve outcomes. To register contact the SEHS Counseling Center at 248.370.2633.
Students and families are invited to attend the free educational symposium and resource expo Prep for Success on Saturday, November 10, 2018, from 8 a.m. - 2 p.m. at the Michigan Science Center. See the below for more information. To register visit www.iameachoneteachone.com
Bloomfield Hills Schools is hiring! A list of all current open jobs can be viewed by following this link.