BHS Foundation Executive Director, Cathie Badalamenti, as you may know, left us at the end of October 2020. Cathie headed to the southeast to play an even larger role in caring for family. We are sorry to see Cathie go, but we support and respect Cathie's priorities at this time.
In all respects, Cathie has gone above and beyond in developing our Foundation, from systems to relationships, to sharing knowledge with all corners of Bloomfield Hills Schools and our larger community.
Highlights of Cathie's six-and-a-half year tenure include:
- Built solid, sustainable mini-grant program, tribute campaigns, and annual giving
- Awarded 215 grants totaling $235,000, ranging in size from $100 to $11000
- Established directed giving and planned giving programs
- Created BHS Foundation endowment
- Raised over $1 million in cash donations and planned giving
- Grew the Foundation’s donor base from 46 to over 1200, about a third of which are recurring donors
These accomplishments only scratch the surface of Cathie’s impact and we will miss Cathie more than we can imagine. But we are fortunate: Cathie leaves the Foundation in a strong position.
Cathie and I have been working on a transition plan, and Cathie has promised to be a phone call away and provide some key support as we chart our next steps. The Board has agreed we will not replace Cathie immediately. We will evaluate the needs of the organization over the next several months and plan accordingly.
Thank you for your dedication to and support of our programs and events that support the children of Bloomfield Hills Schools. We look forward to continuing our work together, expanding the vision of the Foundation and making an even greater impact on the educational experiences of our students.
Mary Ellen Miller
BHS Foundation President