An intradistrict transfer is when a family requests that their child attend a school other than their neighborhood school.
- Students who will be entering grades 1-8 in the 2024-25 school year and are currently enrolled in Bloomfield Hills Schools and reside within the district’s boundaries.
Students entering developmental kindergarten and kindergarten are not eligible for intradistrict transfers.
- The application window to submit an intradistrict transfer request will open on February 1, 2024, at 10 a.m. and will close on February 29, 2024 at 10 a.m. Interested families must complete the Intradistrict Transfer Request Application within this window to be considered. Any requests submitted after this date will be placed on a waitlist for further review in August 2024.
If approved, the transfer will begin on the first day of school for the 2024-25 year and remain in effect unless you formally rescind the transfer.
Transportation will not be provided for students attending school that is not their assigned school based on the district catchment areas.
Submitting a request does not guarantee a transfer will be approved.
All 5th-grade students currently attending one of our four elementary schools will automatically be placed by the feeder pattern listed below. Families do not need to submit an intradistrict request for middle school if the student is already attending an elementary school feeder pattern that aligns to the family’s preferred middle school.
Eastover & Way: students will automatically advance to North Hills Middle School
Lone Pine & Conant: students will automatically advance to South Hills Middle School
- Intradistrict requests will be granted based on class size, staffing, and projected enrollment.
- A lottery will be held for schools and grade levels that receive more requests than seats available.
- Submitting a request does not guarantee a transfer will be made.
- Bloomfield Hills Schools will review requests to determine seat availability and school capacity prior to approval.
- Families will be notified no later than May 1. Requests that are not approved will remain on a waiting list. All final decisions for families on a waiting list will be made no later than August 24, 2024.
In 2020, the district committed to adjusting the catchment boundaries for each school, to ensure that each of the four elementary schools, feeding into the two middle schools, are equitably sized. This reconfiguration took place at the start of the 2023-24 school year. As part of this process, Bloomfield Hills Schools offered a legacy program for families that lived in neighborhoods that were reassigned to a new elementary school catchment area.
If your family participated in the 2023 catchment legacy placement, please contact enrollment services directly, as an application is not needed. Please note that students are not eligible for legacy placement unless the siblings will be attending the same school simultaneously.