Risk Management

The district is a member of the Metropolitan Association for Improved School Legislation (MAISL) Joint Risk Management Trust. The Trust is a group self-insurance program that provides our property, casualty, liability, and auto coverages.

MAISL has retained Gallagher Bassett Services, Inc. to administer the self-insurance program for member districts.

If an incident occurs, please complete the appropriate form immediately after the incident and submit to your building principal or program director.

Completed forms should be forwarded to Business Services - Tina Kostiuk. Do NOT submit directly to MAISL/Gallagher Bassett.

Serious losses such as large property damage, serious student injuries, serious vehicle accidents, or notification of lawsuits should be called in to Gallagher Bassett, 24 hours a day, at 248.352.1062.

Your immediate reporting to a Gallagher Bassett claim representative is critical to containing claim costs. Prompt reporting allows the adjuster to begin the investigation, visit sites, institute emergency repair and hasten the return to normal operation of the district. This should be followed up with a written claim report as soon as possible.

Personal Property Losses
Employees who experience a personal property loss can file a Property Loss & Damage Form. All claims will be reviewed for possible reimbursement.

Student Insurance
Bloomfield Hills Schools does not provide health or accident insurance coverage for students. Parents and/or their insurance company must pay for any medical bills incurred for injuries sustained at school, school sponsored events, athletic practices or events, or on school property. The District will not pay medical bills that are not covered by your insurance policy. As a service to students and their families, each school year the District makes available a voluntary student accident insurance plan that parents can purchase.

Click here to view Student Insurance options.

Insurance Forms

Certificate of Insurance

Certificate of Insurance

Complete this form if an offsite company requires a Certificate of Insurance naming them as additional insured.

EMAIL completed form to Tina Kostiuk - Business Services.

Property Loss & Damage Form

Complete the Property Loss & Damage Form and the Cover Sheet when school property is lost or damaged.
If replacing please provide an invoice.

Forward form immediately and any invoice upon receipt to Tina Kostiuk - Business Services.

Student Injury Form

Student Injury Form

Complete this form when any CHILD or VISITOR is involved in an accident on school property or off school property if during a field trip.

Forward ORIGINAL signed form to Sally Elmore - Business Services.

Vehicle Accident Form

Complete the Vehicle Accident Report and Cover Sheet for the following:

  • When ANY district vehicle has been in an accident (whether or not there is damage).
  • When any vehicle is damaged on BHS property.
  • Attach police report and forward to Tina Kostiuk - Business Office.

Events Contracts & Insurance Information

Below are pdfs for guidelines for using a climbing wall and inflatable equipment coverage.

Also, please use the link below to view insurance information required for planned student events.

Planned Student Events

for questions...

If you have questions regarding insurance information please contact:

Tina Kostiuk

Contact Us

Booth Center
Business Services (Office #12)

7273 Wing Lake Road
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48301

Phone: 248.341.5450
Fax: 248.341.5479

School Year:
M-F 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

Summer Hours:
M-Th 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
F 7:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.

Powered by Finalsite