My Bloomfield Family Guide
Welcome to the My Bloomfield system, your one-stop-shop for all of your school district needs! My Bloomfield easily enables you to connect with your child’s teacher, check your customized calendar, view your child’s report card, and much more!
- Getting Started
- Teacher Pages/Group Spaces
- Receiving Email
- Connect Your Child's Classroom Calendar (iCal Feed)
- Changing contact information - including Emergency Contacts
- Staying Connected to the Classroom
- Signing Up for Conferences & Volunteer Opportunities
Let’s get started:
Login: Login to the system by navigating to www.bloomfield.org/mybloomfield.
On this screen, you’ll see a spot to enter a username and password. This information has not changed from previous years, but it’s possible you don’t recall your login information. If that’s the case, click on the blue “Forgot Username or Password” link below the login fields and enter the email address associated with your account. Your login information will be emailed to you at that address. If you are unsure of the email address associated with the account, the building secretary will be able to provide it to you, after asking a series of security questions.
From the welcome screen: Now that you have logged in, you will see the “Welcome Families” screen. From here, you can check your child’s report card, add money to their lunch balance, pay fees, and see class pages. Please note that some of these items may require you to once again enter your login information for security purposes.
To access your classroom pages or group spaces, navigate to the "Groups Dashboard" in the upper left corner.
You'll land on your Home screen. This screen is unique to you and collects all of your data in one place. You'll see the "Activity Stream", which gives you a brief summary of all of the recent activity (like a Facebook timeline) and, under the menu options at the top, you'll find your groups and your children's groups. Click any of them to navigate to that group/class page.
Every family is automatically signed up to receive email based on where their children attend school. However, you may wish to receive other email notices such as the recreation newsletter, special education newsletter, etc. To modify your email subscription preferences, locate your name in the top, left corner of the screen, hover your mouse over your name, and click on “Subscriptions” in the menu. A subscriptions preferences box will appear and will show the email lists you are currently set to receive. Use the “Settings” button with the little gear to make changes and sign up for additional email notices.
Our district sends emergency alerts when we have poor weather conditions or other urgent matters. Every family is automatically signed up to receive these communications. We are working to give families the ability to control when and how they receive these notices. Stay tuned for more information on this - likely in the fall of 2017.
Modifying Your Mass Notifications Contact Info & Preferences
Families: The steps below guide how to update your emergency messaging including calls, emails, texts. "Emergency Alerts" are notifications that are issued in the event of a daytime emergency (example: an early release due to power failure). "After Hours Emergency Alerts" are notifications that are issued in the event of an emergency outside of the school day (example: a snow day notice).
Staff: If you need to change your mass notification contact information or preferences, please email email@example.com.
Step 1) Visit www.bloomfield.org/MyBloomfield and login
Step 2) Click the button on the page that says “Modify contact info for school closure & other notifications."
Step 3) Login again using the same credentials as before.
Step 4) Look for the link in the top, right corner that says “My Information” and click on it.
Step 5) Look for the “Edit” button next to your name and click on it.
Step 6) Click on “Mass Notifications” to see what you have previously selected for this area.
Step 7) Use the “Add” button to add contact info, use the “X” button to delete contact info, and enter your contact information in the second column fields. If no data is entered in the yellow fields in the second column, no phones or emails will be contacted in any emergency situation. To enter a phone number, please use the following format: 555-555-5555. Please be sure to enter complete email addresses.
Step 8) Click the submit button at the top of the screen when you are done. Your information will be reviewed by someone in Student Services and migrate to our emergency notification system within 24 hours after that. Please allow up to 72 hours for our Student Services team to review information.
Staying connected to your child's classroom is easier than ever with the My Bloomfield system. Each teacher and/or class has been issued a group space and both you and your child were automatically added to that group space at the start of the year.
Signing up for Activity Stream email notices allows you to receive information as it's posted to the group. You will only receive typed updates from the group members. You will not receive emails every time a new resource is posted, new bulletin, etc. This should help reduce the number of times you are emailed.
Start on the My Bloomfield page and find the "Groups Dashboard" link in the top left corner of your screen, near your name. Click on that link to navigate to your personalized Groups Dashboard. Once there, you can navigate to the class page of your choice. Clicking on an individual class page will send you to their homepage and you will see their "Activity Stream" on that page.
Next to "Activity Stream" is a blue button with a bell on it. Click that button to begin.
When you click on it, a new window will appear with some options. To enable activity stream notifications, check the little box next to that option. Then, mark off the notifications you want to receive. Activity updates are a good basic option to start with. You may add the others if you’d like, but please keep in mind we are not using “Gradebook" at this time so checking that option won’t do anything for the moment. Select the email address you’d like to receive notifications to and click the blue “Update Settings” button to finish.
Your child’s teacher will provide a link that you can easily access to sign up for conferences and volunteer opportunities. Click on that link to visit the appointment page. You will see your own personal calendar mixed with the available appointment slots:
Select the appointment that works for you and your family by clicking on the time slot. A new window will appear, confirming your selection. Click “Save” when you’re ready to book this slot. Once you save the appointment, it will appear on your calendar and the teacher will see it on his/her calendar with your name on it. Other parents will not be able to see the slot or your information.
- I don’t have a Google account and when I navigate to the link the teacher gave me, it’s asking me to login.
- Google requires that each individual have their own Google account. Setting up a Google account is easy and takes just a few minutes. Visit the Google Account Creation Page (https://accounts.google.com/SignUp) to begin. Follow the on-screen directions to complete your account setup. After you’ve created your Google Account, you can use it to sign up for appointments on your teacher’s appointment page (using the link the teacher provides).
- I need to cancel my appointment and book something else.
- Navigate to your own Google calendar (not the teacher’s link). You’ll see the appointment you booked on your calendar. Click on the appointment and select “Cancel appointment” from the options that appear.
- The system will ask if you are sure you want to delete the event and if you want to update guests. You want to select the choice “Delete & update guests” so the teacher is aware of your cancelation.
- Once you delete and update guests, the time slot will re-appear on the teacher’s public appointment calendar, allowing other parents to take the slot. So, please be sure you’re confident about your cancelation before you proceed.
- I’d like to book a slot that isn’t available/showing on the calendar.
- If a time slot does not appear on the teacher’s appointment calendar, it is not available. Once a parent takes a spot, it will disappear from the calendar. So, if the teacher has said that conferences are between 10am and noon and you’d like the 11:30 slot, but don’t see it, that indicates someone else already booked it. Please select another time.
- The appointments aren’t displaying at the times the teacher mentioned. I’m seeing appointments at very odd times of the day/night.
- If the times aren’t aligning with what the teacher told you, it’s likely that your own calendar’s time zone settings are different. This is a known “bug” in the Google system, but easy to fix on your end. The following are instructions from Google: