Visible Thinking is not a program; rather, it is a framework and philosophy for our teachers and staff to use when creating inquiry-based learning opportunities that engage students in higher-level thinking skills.
- Focuses on the individual student as well as the collective thinking and collaboration of the entire class.
- Allows for natural differentiation by following students' interests throughout units of study.
- Concentrates on teaching for understanding, rather than for the sake of memorizing and repeating, so that knowledge can be applied to scenarios outside of the classroom.
- Requires active participation by all students and invites our learners' curiosities to help drive instruction.
- Provides teachers with a tangible view of students' thinking. Misconceptions, prior knowledge, reasoning ability, and degrees of understanding are more likely to be uncovered.
- How does VT provide my child with life skills?
- How will my student transition to an IB middle school?
- Besides Bloomfield Schools where else is Visible Thinking being implemented?
- Where can I learn more about VT?
How does VT provide my child with life skills?
How will my student transition to an IB middle school?
Besides Bloomfield Schools where else is Visible Thinking being implemented?
Where can I learn more about VT?
Visible Thinking - Way Elementary
Visible Thinking Coordinator
Visible Thinking - Eastover Elementary