- If your child will not ride the bus, or your child has an IEP with transportation services included, please disregard.
- If your transportation needs change at any point during the semester, please contact the transportation department to add or drop your child from a route.
- We will plan routes based on completed Request for Student Transportation forms and implement the new routes starting April 5, 2021.
- The new routes will not be available for viewing until April 3. We will notify families when the new routes are available.
Thank you for helping us create the most efficient routes possible.
The mission of the Bloomfield Hills Schools Transportation department is to transport children safely, in mechanically sound vehicles, to and from school and school activities, with compassion, caring, and courtesy in a safe environment.
BHS has 59 buses that are excellently maintained by our mechanics Rich Hella and Brandon Johnston.
Our lead mechanic, Rich Hella, was voted as 2020 Technician of the Year by Michigan Association of Pupil Transportation.
Our fleet has passed the Michigan State Police Inspections with a 100% for the past 29 years!
We strive for everyone who rides the bus to feel safe and secure and enjoy their bus ride. Have a safe and happy school year!
The bus stops for kindergarten students follow the same guidelines, laws, and Board of Education Policy as all other elementary school grades.
- What other factors are involved in establishing where the school bus stops?
- What about the safety of my child getting to and from the bus stop? There are no sidewalks where we live and it's not very safe walking on the busy road we live on.
- Isn't the school district required to transport my child?
- My child is starting kindergarten. Will the bus pick my child up in front of my house?
- Is there a law about how far my child has to walk to the bus stop?
- Is there a specified distance that must exist between school bus stops?
- Is there a law stating that an adult riding on a school bus for monitoring purposes be seated at a specific location on the bus?
- My child spends over two hours a day just riding the bus to and from school. Is there a maximum riding time in the law?