Registration for Transportation is mandatory and will take place during online registration, which is open now.
Registration must be completed for each child who will ride the bus in grades K-12.
Each family must choose YES or NO for transportation during Registration.
- If your transportation needs change at any point during the semester, please contact the transportation department to add or drop your child from a route.
- We will plan routes based on registration.
- All stops will be at intersections, there will no longer be address stops (with the exception of some houses on Square Lake or Telegraph).
- Routes will be available in Parent Portal on August 29, 2022.
Thank you for helping us create the most efficient routes possible!
Join our team of skilled bus drivers and mechanics and earn up to $3,500 as a hiring bonus! Bonus details are available here.
Starting wage $19 plus benefits package offered. Paid training is available to earn all required endorsements.
Call 248.341.6292 for more information. Apply online or in person at the Transportation Office: 2780 Kensington Road in Bloomfield Hills.
The mission of the Bloomfield Hills Schools Transportation department is to transport children safely, in mechanically sound vehicles, to and from school and school activities, with compassion, caring, and courtesy in a safe environment.
BHS has 59 buses that are excellently maintained by our mechanics Rich Hella and Brandon Johnston.
Our lead mechanic, Rich Hella, was voted as 2020 Technician of the Year by Michigan Association of Pupil Transportation.
Our fleet has passed the Michigan State Police Inspections with a 100% for the past 30 years!
We strive for everyone who rides the bus to feel safe and secure and enjoy their bus ride. Have a safe and happy school year!
- What other factors are involved in establishing where the school bus stops?
- What about the safety of my child getting to and from the bus stop? There are no sidewalks where we live and it's not very safe walking on the busy road we live on.
- Isn't the school district required to transport my child?
- My child is starting kindergarten. Will the bus pick my child up in front of my house?
- Is there a law about how far my child has to walk to the bus stop?
- Is there a specified distance that must exist between school bus stops?
- Is there a law stating that an adult riding on a school bus for monitoring purposes be seated at a specific location on the bus?
- My child spends over two hours a day just riding the bus to and from school. Is there a maximum riding time in the law?
- Can a student ride the bus to a friend's house?
- What are the walk zones for each school?