Congratulations to the following BHHS students who have been selected as members of the 2021 Michigan School Band and Orchestra All-State Ensembles!
- Isabella Ashtari, 11th grade - Harp, High School Orchestra
- Vijay Daita, 10th grade - Violin, High School Orchestra
- Jonathan Shi, 11th grade - Violin, High School Orchestra
- Henry Jackson, 10th grade - Violin, High School Orchestra
- Alexander Yen, 11th grade - Violin, High School Orchestra
- Michael Chen, 11th grade - Oboe, All-State High School Orchestra
- Grant Rhoads, 11th grade - Tuba, All-State High School Band
- Nicholas Simonelli, 11th grade - Trombone, All-State High School Band
- Aerin Washington, 12th grade - Clarinet, All-State High School Band
These students have been selected among the finest musicians in the state of Michigan, through a blind audition process, to be recognized as the 2021 Michigan School Band and Orchestra Association All-State Band and All-State Orchestra. Over 1466 students throughout Michigan auditioned for a position in these groups. Normally these students would have been asked to perform at the Michigan Music Conference hosted in Grand Rapids, but this year they will be honored from a distance.
The MSBOA All-State program was established in the 2005-06 school year by the Michigan School Band and Orchestra Association. MSBOA has been serving the instrumental music teachers and students of our State for over 77 years. They proudly represent over 1,200 public, parochial and private schools and over 1,600 instrumental music teachers in Michigan. MSBOA continues to follow the mission of our founders as to provide quality musical experiences for the students of our member schools.
Congratulations to these wonderful musicians, and all who auditioned on this exceptional honor and achievement. We are proud that they represent the Bloomfield Hills Schools and the Bloomfield Hills Community.