What changes have been made to the Continuous Learning Plan as a result of student, staff, and parent/guardian feedback?
- Parents and guardians requested one platform for learning. The district is excited to migrate to Canvas in the fall for grades 9-12, providing a unified high school experience.
- Staff expressed a desire for additional training. Professional Development has been added to the end of the school year and our IT department has started "Lunch & Learn" experiences for staff.
- Parents and guardians expressed an interest in summer learning experiences. Our Learning Services Team, along with building administrators and teaching staff, are working quickly on a summer learning program. More details will be available soon.
- Parents and guardians expressed an interest in summer camp opportunities - either in-person or virtual. While the district will not offer any in-person camp experiences in June, we are exploring virtual camp opportunities as well as potential in-person experiences for later in the summer. More information will be provided as soon as it is available, likely after May 28th.
- Students and parents/guardians expressed an interest in collecting belongings left at school. Our administrative team is working on a plan to allow access to the buildings after the Stay at Home order is lifted.
- Students shared with us ways in which we can help recognize and honor their last year in their school building (for those making transitions). District staff is working on special opportunities and will communicate with students and families soon regarding dates and times for those experiences.
More changes are listed on our website: https://www.bhscontinuouslearning.com/media-gallery. A new survey will be issued to staff and parents/guardians only on Friday. There will not be a student survey this Friday.