Dear BHS Families,
To meet the learning and COVID-based needs of the BHS community, the district is providing flexibility to all elementary and middle school families for the second semester. For additional information regarding these programs, please visit www.bloomfield.org/2020-2021 for hybrid schedules.
Please Note: While we are in distance learning, the COVID-19 Case Update emails will now be sent weekly on Fridays at 5 p.m.
Elementary Students in Grade K-5:
Families have two options to select from for the second semester. This selection will be a semester long selection and continue through the end of the 2020-21 school year. The two options are outlined below:
- Various Hybrid/In-Person Instructional Formats. In-person students transition between distance learning and in-person hybrid depending on the COVID metrics. When available, these hybrid options may include AM/PM 4-Day week schedules, various versions of 5-Day options, etc., based on the conditions and unknown factors.
- Bloomfield Virtual is for families who do not desire to return to in-person teaching and learning at any time during the second semester. Students will be placed in fully distance learning classes.
*Depending on the number of requests and movement between the options above, please know this may lead to potential shifts in staffing, and changes in student-teacher assignments may occur.
Middle School Students in Grades 6-8:
Families have two options to select from for the second semester. The two options are outlined below:
- Hybrid/In-Person Instruction. In-person students transition between distance learning and in-person hybrid depending on the COVID metrics
- Distance Learning Instruction is for families who do not desire to return to in-person teaching and learning at any time during the second semester. Students will be placed in fully distance learning classes as class enrollment and school schedule allows. Students may be in some combined classes that include both in-person and distance learning students.
All families are required to register their second semester selection.
Please note this will be the only opportunity for families to make a selection for the remainder of the 2020-2021 school year.
High School Students in Grades 9-12:
High school families do not need to make a selection. High school students have the option to attend their classes in-person (during the Hybrid model) or virtually on any given day.
Dates and Deadlines:
To prepare the best possible transition for students, teachers, and families, registration of your family’s selection needs to be completed by November 25, 2020. All registration requests completed by November 25, 2020 will be granted.
The registration window dates are firmly established to accommodate for the staffing changes, building new schedules, and adjusting COVID-19 safety protocols based on the impact of movement that might be initiated.
How to Make Your Selection:
All families must complete the Registration Process by following one of the two options below:
- 1. The first way is through the Q Parent Connection app under the ReEnrollment menu option. The app is now available for your smartphone or tablet.
- 2. The second way is online through Parent Portal.
1. Log in to Parent Connect. Your username is an assigned number.
If you need assistance with your login credentials, please select the Need Your Login Information? option underneath where you would enter your PIN and Password. This will prompt you to supply your email address and your PIN and Password will be emailed to you.
2. Click on the red "Back to School Registration / My Information" link at the top of the page:
3. Select “Edit” under each Student.
4. Fill out the required fields within Enrollment Options. When you have completed the section, the check box on the left hand side of the screen will have a check mark for that section.
5. Check the check box at the bottom that states "Click to confirm you have reviewed this section, then select the SUBMIT button (top left)."
6. Scroll to the top of the page and click the Submit button in the upper right corner.
7. Complete steps 3-6 for all students.
If there are no further students to register, you have completed registration. If you run into any issues during this process or have any questions, please email StudentServices@bloomfield.org.
- Families will receive a confirmation of the selection after the final day of registration.
- Classroom placements and schedules will be an ongoing process and not finalized or communicated until the last week in January, approximately one week prior to the start of second semester.
Pat Watson, Superintendent of Schools