Governor Gretchen Whitmer has proclaimed April as School Library Month in Michigan. Governor Whitmer's proclamation recognizes that quality school libraries staffed by certified school Media Specialists:
- Are integral to a quality education program and have a high impact on increasing student achievement especially literacy and reading achievement.
- Contribute to a well-rounded education and positively affect the climate and culture of schools.
- Equalize access to print and digital resources.
- Provide students with skills to access, evaluate and use information.
- Support effective digital learning and technology integration in their schools.
- Provide a place for pleasure and recreation as well as learning.
- Contribute to an interest in lifelong learning.
Share your pride during School Library Month by thanking your schools' Media Specialist for their work, and speak with them to see firsthand the collaborations and programs that are impacting student achievement. Use the hashtag #mischoollibrary and tag @bhschools to share the exciting activities happening at BHS!