Bloomfield Hills High School Counseling Team
P-Si (9th-12th Grade)
H-K (9th-12th Grade)
Bowers Academy (9th-12th Grade)
A-C (9th-12th Grade)
L-O (9th-12th Grade)
D-G (9th-12th Grade)
Sj-Z (9th-12th Grade)
Lou Ann Frantz
COLLEGE PLANNING GUIDE
The BHHS College Planning Guide is intended for students to begin planning for college. The task of applying for college may seem overwhelming; however, we hope that using this tool will provide parents, guardians, and students some insight and a clearer understanding of the college applications process.
The Counseling Department is pleased to introduce Naviance Student, a web-based service designed especially for our students and families. Naviance Student is a comprehensive website that both students and parents can use to help in making decisions about courses, colleges, and careers. Naviance Student is linked with Naviance Succeed, a service that we use in our counseling office to assist students in the often complicated college selection and application process.
Naviance Student will allow students and families to:
- Get involved in the planning and advising process, including building a resume
- Manage timelines and deadlines for making decisions about colleges and careers
- Research thousands of colleges and universities all around the world
- Find out which colleges are visiting our school
- Research scholarship information
- Investigate enrichment programs
Naviance Student also lets us share information with you about up-coming meetings and events, scholarship opportunities, and other resources for college and career information. In addition, the site includes a link that you can use to send the counselors e-mail messages at the click of a button. Students and families can access Naviance Student by going to https://student.naviance.com/bloomfieldhhs
Prospective student-athletes MUST have their ACT or SAT scores reported to the NCAA Eligibility Centers directly from the testing agencies. It is best to include the reporting codes anytime you register for a State or National test.
NCAA REPORT CODE - 9999
NCCA Student-Athlete Eligibility
- NCAA Eligibility Center
- COVID-19 Response FAQs
- If you plan to participate in NCAA Division I or II collegiate athletics please register.
- If you plan to participate in Division I and Division II athletics, contact the college or university for eligibility requirements.
- Guide for College Bound Student Athlete
- NCAA Search Tool for Approved High School Credits
Enter the BHHS - NCAA high school code: 850251 to see the current list of our approved courses.
- Education Resources
- Initial Eligibility Brochure
Virtual College Boot Camp
Class of 2021: The BHHS Counseling team conducted a Virtual College Application Boot Camp on Wednesday, August 5. If you missed Boot Camp, no problem! The entire presentation is now available in three parts:
The topics covered include:
Starting a College Application (The Common Application & individual University/College Applications)
Writing College Application Essays
Recommendation Letters (teachers, counselors and student/parent questionnaires)
Naviance Updates & Protocols
Recommended and Suggested Timelines
Standardized College Entrance Testing (test optional, ACT and/or SAT, Subject tests, etc.)
Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Resources