Do you know how many celebrations happen in December?
Bodhi, Human Rights Day, Hanukkah, Yalda, Christmas, Kwanzaa and more!
Check out more Cultural Observances on the website calendar.
Enjoy this presentation of various celebrations around the world by a BHHS parent!
Health and Wellness
Don't miss these important links from this newly-formed committee. Current topic: Eradicating Racism
- Watch:The myth of race, debunked in 3 minutes
- Read: What if white people took responsibility for our role in this moment?
- Listen: How does racism affect your health
- Watch: Jay Smooth: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Discussing Race
PTO 2020-2021 Grants Awarded!
The PTO has awarded $2,753 in grants to support student enrichment programs. Thank you to all PTO families for your donations that made this possible. The following teachers and students received awards:
- Mary Bogrette - IB Theatre
- Mary Bogrette - Acting 2/Advanced Theatre Production
- Katie Fellin - Geometry/Honors Algebra 2
- Dayana Schemel - Spanish 200/500
- Candice Toma - Spanish 200/300
- Brandon Ho, Jonah Zimmermann, Mrs. Colatruglio - Engineering Club
- Daniel Tier and Nicole Lowry - Media Arts Programs
- Alan Posner - Music
- Carrie Fines - KidsRead2Kids
PTO Appreciates All BHHS Staff
PTO Board members delivered 156 signs to homes of all BHHS staff. The signs were designed by Emma Zerkel and Julie Yaker. Have a look! We received so many thanks by thrilled teachers and staff - but really it is "THANK YOU!".
PTO Council Recognition Awards
Congratulations to three PTO Superstars - Barb Kaufman, Paula Lynn and Laura Silberman, recognized by the PTO Council for their contributions to the BHS community.
Teacher Appreciation Week - May 4-8
This letter was sent to each of our teaching staff earlier this week to let them know how much we appreciate them.
PTO is always available online, even when meetings are cancelled.
- Join the BHHS PTO Facebook page for the latest updates!
- Visit the BHHS PTO website, which is updated every week.
- Follow us on Twitter!
Stay safe: practice social distancing and wash your hands!
BHHS PTO Hosts District PTO Council Meeting, Friday, February 28
PTO Hosted MYP Celebration Night
PTO hosted the MYP Celebration on 2/13.
Thank you Volunteers for The Dance!
PTO sends a huge thank you to all who donated snacks and those who came to the Dance to help with coat check and tend the snack table. Students had a great time and appreciated the treats and support. We couldn't do it without you.
Officer Dave and Officer Cory are dedicated to supporting BHHS. PTO recently gave a heartfelt "Thank You" to these professionals who are there day in and day out to look after the safety of our students and school environment. Thank you for all you do!!
A huge appreciation to some of the incredible staff who make our school run smoothly throughout the year!
PTO Grant Program
The PTO has awarded $4,355 in grants for student enrichment programs which were distributed this month. Thank you to all PTO families for their donations. We hope to have additional donations to award spring grants. The following teachers received mini grants:
- Jodi Allan - English 9th Grade Classroom Library
- Mary Bogrette - Theatre Production
- Amy Brown - Synergy Program/Bowers Academy
- Kathleen Conklin - Mentoring Club
- Katie Fellin - Geometry
- Alison Gallagher - Spanish 400/500/IB Reading Library
- Sarah Giles - Spanish 200/100 Reading Library
- Bobbi Greer - World Language Display Case
- Kari Griesbeck - Student Collaboration with Bennett Elementary
- Liza Lauter - Poetry Collection
- Angela Lee-Jan - Chinese New Year Supplies
- Jessica Lupone - Real Talk Club
- Joan Shorter - English 9th Grade Classroom Library
- September 21 - 9:30 a.m.
- October 19 - 7 p.m.
- November 16 - 9:30 a.m.
- January 11 - 7 p.m. (Superintendent Dialogue)
- February 8 - 9:30 a.m.
- March 8 - 7 p.m.
- April 12 - 9:30 a.m.
- May 17 - 9:30 a.m.
- Catherine Daneshvar-Ashtari
- Anna Barlow
- Barb Kaufman
- Laura Silberman
- Megan Johnston
- Diana Chen
- Deb Kolin
- Stacy Fox
Social Media Coordinators
- Natalie Finerty
- Neena Crimmins
- Robyn Jenkins
- Paulina Hakopian
Student Leadership Liaisons
- Laura Silberman
- Deb Guettler
Did you know that you can support BHHS just by shopping at Kroger? Link your rewards to: "BLOOMFIELD HILLS SCHOOL/BLOOMFIELD HILLS H.S." or organization #GH582