Dear BHHS Families,
We will be hosting Curriculum Night virtually on Monday, September 20, from 6 to 8 p.m. The purpose of Curriculum Night is for families to get a quick live 10 minute overview from each of your student’s teachers regarding course goals and objectives along with general expectations for students. Curriculum Night is designed for parents/guardians so your student does not need to attend. For ninth and tenth grade students, you will see the English teacher listed twice. One course is the English class and the other course is the Interdisciplinary (ID) hour.
Many families may have been expecting an in-person Curriculum Night experience, and we understand that this update may be frustrating. Why we made this decision:
- The number one priority this year is keeping the building open for as safe as possible in-person learning for students.
- Activities that will increase COVID exposure risk even higher than the current risk levels (and well beyond OCHD recommendations) will be avoided or adjusted. While curriculum night is very important, holding it in person elevates the COVID exposure and jeopardizes our ability to keep the building open for students.
- Teachers will be on live Zoom links and will cover their class live.
- More than 1700 students attend BHHS. Many times multiple parents/guardians attend for their student. This has resulted in many classes being filled beyond capacity. For instance, most traditional classrooms in the building have the capacity of 30 or less students. Holding Curriculum Night in person will result in multiple classrooms having well over the capacity of the classroom, potentially 40-50 people.
- This greatly exacerbates the risk of COVID exposure and school closure.
- Again, the decision is made to prioritize the health of students and staff so that the building remains open. We appreciate your continued support.
Families will follow their student’s class schedule through the “Curriculum Night” Zoom link posted on the homepage in each of the Canvas courses. Families will follow the virtual schedule listed below.
1st Hour: 6:00-6:10
2nd Hour: 6:15-6:25
3rd Hour: 6:30-6:40
4th Hour: 6:45-6:55
5th Hour: 7:00-7:10
6th Hour: 7:15-7:25
7th Hour: 7:30-7:40
8th Hour: 7:45-7:55
In preparation for this event, please make sure you can log into Canvas at https://bloomfieldhills.
- Have a copy of your students schedule handy prior to the beginning of Curriculum Night. You’ll need to quickly move from 1 course to another. Courses will run in order from 1st to 8th hour. Log into Parent Portal to print off your students schedule!
- To access Bloomfield’s Canvas, use the https://bloomfieldhills.
instructure.com/login/canvas link to access your account.
- We recommend only using the Chrome browser.
- Each Course Tile represents one of your students' courses. Feel free to color code, rename, or rearrange the tiles to make it easier to organize yourself.
- Clicking on the Course Tile will drop you into the home page for that course. Each teacher will have the Curriculum Night meeting link housed there for easy access.
- Once in the meeting, please make sure you are muted so all participants are able to hear the teacher equally.
- If you still have questions after your meeting, please email the teacher directly!
**If you would like to gain more familiarity with Canvas, please visit our Canvas Corner on the High School’s website, walk through our Canvas 101: Parent/Guardian Orientation course and check out our Tips for Getting the Most out of Canvas!
Please click here for a virtual tour of the building and to see what a day in the life of a student is like.