National Honor Society
About National Honor Society (NHS)
National Honor Society is an organization formed by the National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP) to recognize academic achievement and promote leadership and character development in the school.
A major tenet of National Honor Society is the commitment to community service. Each student member of the Bloomfield Hills High School Chapter of National Honor Society completes additional hours of community service beyond the service hours required for graduation, a portion of which is devoted to academic tutoring and peer mentoring.
Eligibility Requirements for NHS Class of 2021 and Beyond
- Attended BHHS for at least one complete semester
- Genuine personal (student) interest in pursuing NHS membership
- Recognized by teachers and peers as a positive leader in the school community
- Completed one community service experience per year by time of application
- Submitted a complete application by deadline (generally available to students early February)
Attention families interested in information on NHS eligibility:
This is a student-centered process and NHS candidates should independently work with the resources that will be provided to complete their applications. Please contact Krista Laliberte at KLaliberte@bloomfield.org with any questions.
NHS Tutoring is back up and running! Please use this NHS Tutoring link to sign up. Tutoring will be available to all middle school and high school students throughout the remainder of the school year. Subject areas include English, Social Studies, Science, Math, and World Language. If you find a student with a specific tutoring need/course not on the form, please reach out to Mrs. Laliberte to help pair the student up with an NHS tutor in that respective area.
- Krista Laliberte, Teacher