Letter to Senior Families
April 15, 2019
Dear Senior Families,
On behalf of the faculty and staff of Bloomfield Hills High School and Bloomfield Hills Schools, thank you for supporting your student in his/her educational efforts over the past 13 years. All of the hard work by students, parents, and teachers will culminate with the graduation ceremony on Sunday, June 9, 2019, at DTE Energy Music Theatre, beginning at 1:00 p.m.
In order to participate in the graduation exercises, seniors must have a Balfour BLACK cap and gown. If your student did not order their gown, he/she should contact the Balfour Graduation Specialists ASAP at 248-689-4445. Please inform your guidance counselor if your student does not intend to participate in the graduation program.
All district graduation requirements must be successfully completed in order to participate in the graduation ceremony, and your Naviance college page must be finalized to indicate your final college choice along with each college’s decision for which you have applied. Also, all school-issued materials must be returned and any fees or fines owed must be paid by Friday, May 31. Please note: MANDATORY graduation rehearsal and check-out will take place on Wednesday, June 5, at 8:30 a.m. in the Bloomfield Hills High School gymnasium. Students will pick up their cap and gown at this time. Rehearsal will be followed by a free PTO/ANP sponsored breakfast by Chris Cakes at 10:15 a.m. on the athletic field. Please review the back of this letter for details and dates to remember.
High school graduation has two parts. First, it is a special ceremony that should be approached with great dignity, and second, it is a time of celebration. To this end, we are asking for your assurance that any items that may detract from this special celebration (noisemakers, beach balls, balloons, etc.) are not brought inside the facility. Graduates are expected to walk across the stage with appropriate respect for this ceremony. Dancing, shout-outs, or other non-respectful behavior is prohibited and not acceptable to mark the end of a high school career. Please view DTE’s policies at www.313presents.com.
We also ask that guests remain seated during the entire graduation ceremony. If you or other family members have video cameras, we ask that these be used from the seats. No tripods will be allowed. We must maintain clear walkways due to the large number of people in attendance. Spectators will not be allowed to leave their seats to video or take pictures during the ceremony. The Bloomfield Hills Schools Video Services Department will record the entire ceremony.
On Sunday, June 9, at noon, all graduating seniors will report to the theatre entrance wearing their caps and gowns. DTE has two entrances off Sashabaw Road. The north drive is located at the base of the DTE Energy sign and the south drive entrance is just south of the sign. Parking for disabled guests is located outside the east entrance to the facility.
The entire faculty and staff of Bloomfield Hills High School will do everything possible to provide an excellent experience. Our graduation ceremony will reflect the quality and pride of our school and community. Your graduate has worked extremely hard and you should be proud of your student’s accomplishments. We look forward to seeing you at DTE at 1:00 p.m. on Sunday, June 9.
Charlie Hollerith, Principal
MANDATORY Graduation Rehearsal
Wednesday, June 5, at 8:30 AM
Bloomfield Hills High School Gym
You will receive final instructions concerning graduation day and receive your cap and gown IF:
- All books have been returned
- School related debts are cleared
- Outstanding parking tickets are cleared
- All school equipment has been returned (athletic, band, etc.)
- You have completed community service
Rehearsal will be followed by a FREE “Chris Cakes” pancake breakfast at 10:15 AM on the athletic field.
Please note preferred dress for graduation:
- dress shirt and dark dress pants, a dress, or a dress shirt and skirt
- dress shoes (no sandals)
- no shorts
Graduates are expected to walk across the stage with appropriate respect for this ceremony. Dancing, shout-outs, or other non-respectful behavior is prohibited and not acceptable to mark the end of a high school career.
Cap & Gown
In order to participate in the graduation exercises, seniors must have a cap and gown. If a student has not been measured at Bloomfield Hills High School, he/she should contact the Balfour Graduation Specialists ASAP at 248.689.4445. Please inform your guidance counselor if your student does not intend to participate in the graduation program.
Ceremony & Pictures
- We ask that guests remain seated during the entire graduation ceremony.
- If you or other family members have video cameras, we ask that these be used from the seats. No tripods will be allowed. We must maintain clear walkways due to the large number of people in attendance. Spectators will not be allowed to leave their seats to video or take pictures during the ceremony.
- The Bloomfield Hills Schools Video Services Department will record the entire ceremony.
The following items are not permitted:
- Any glass or plastic containers, bottles, cans, liquid containers and coolers (except for guests with special medical or dietary needs)
- Backpacks, duffle bags (small purses, diaper bags allowed). All bags including purses, video cases, etc., are subject to search
- Outside food or beverage of any kind (except for guests with special medical or dietary needs)
- Chair backs, tripods, strollers, bicycles, skateboards, etc.
- Animals (no animals of any kind are permitted except to provide assistance for guests with disabilities)
- Noisemakers (horns, whistles, radios, thunderstix, cow bells, etc., will not be permitted)
- Helium balloons
- Use of electrical outlets
- Weapons of any kind are prohibited
To sign up and receive notification when your commencement proofs are online and ready to order, visit events.lifetouch.com.
Date to Remember
- May 22 - Senior Honors Night – 6:30 PM
- May 23 - Senior Prom - Suburban Showplace, Novi
- May 27 - Memorial Day Observed – No School
- May 28-31 - Senior Exams
- May 31 - LAST DAY FOR SENIORS - ALL BOOKS MUST BE RETURNED AND FINES AND FEES MUST BE PAID
- June 5 - Graduation rehearsal (in the gym) at 8:30 AM - MANDATORY
- June 5 - “Chris Cakes” Pancake breakfast at 10:15 AM on the athletic field
- June 9 - Graduates arrive at DTE Energy Music Theatre at NOON – Commencement begins at 1 PM, Guest seating - 12 PM
- June 9 - Senior All Night Party* – 9:00 PM
2019 Senior All Night Party
All Graduates. All Safe. All Together.
The Senior All Night Party has been a tradition in our community for over 40 years. The purpose of this amazing event is to provide our graduates with a highly entertaining, safe, substance free celebration on the night of graduation as they enjoy one last night together in the high school. Please make sure you have a ticket for your graduate!
Party information: Sunday, June 9, 9:00 PM - 3 AM
Registration starts @ 8:45 PM - Doors close @ 10:00 PM -- Tickets: $125
To find out more information about the party and how to purchase a ticket visit www.bloomfield.org/anp