CLASS OF 2019 GRADUATION
SUNDAY, JUNE 9, 2019
DTE ENERGY MUSIC THEATRE, CLARKSTON, MI
Letter to Senior Families:
February 6, 2019
Dear Senior Families:
Plans for the Class of 2019 commencement ceremony are well under way. This year's ceremony will be held at DTE Energy Music Theatre, Clarkston, Michigan, on Sunday, June 9, beginning at 1:00 p.m.
In order to participate in the graduation exercises, seniors must have a cap and gown. If your student has not ordered their cap and gown, they should contact the Balfour Graduation Specialists ASAP at 248-689-4445. Also, please inform your guidance counselor if your student does not intend to participate in the graduation program. Please note that ALL students will be wearing a black cap and gown.
Please mark your calendar with the following important dates:
- Commencement Speaker Auditions - Wednesday, March 13*
*Interested students must sign up for an audition time slot NO LATER than 2:30 p.m., Friday, March 1
- Senior Class Meeting - Wednesday, March 20 - 10:15 a.m.
- Spring Break – Monday, April 1 – Friday, April 5
- Prom – Thursday, May 23 - 6-10 p.m. - Novi Suburban Showplace
- Memorial Day Observed – No School, Monday, May 27
- Senior Final Exams – Tuesday, May 28 – Friday, May 31
- School Issued Materials Due – no later than Friday, May 31
- Fines/Fees Due – no later than Friday, May 31
- Mandatory Graduation Rehearsal – Wednesday, June 5, 8:30 a.m. (BHHS gymnasium)
Thank you for your continued support in making all of these events a success for our students and families.
MANDATORY Graduation Rehearsal
Wednesday, June 5, 2019
Bloomfield Hills High School Gym
During this practice students will:
- Receive final instructions concerning graduation day
- Receive their cap and gown IF:
1. All books have been returned
2. School related debts are cleared
3. Outstanding parking pickets are cleared
4. All school equipment has been returned (athletic, band, etc.)
5. They have completed community service
*All district graduation requirements must be successfully completed in order to participate in the graduation ceremony.
Cap & Gown
In order to participate in the graduation exercises, seniors must have a cap and gown. If a student has not been measured at Bloomfield Hills High School, he/she should contact the Balfour Graduation Specialists ASAP at 248.689.4445. Please inform your guidance counselor if your student does not intend to participate in the graduation program.
Ceremony & Pictures
- We ask that guests remain seated during the entire graduation ceremony.
- If you or other family members have video cameras, we ask that these be used from the seats. No tripods will be allowed. We must maintain clear walkways due to the large number of people in attendance. Spectators will not be allowed to leave their seats to video or take pictures during the ceremony.
- The Bloomfield Hills Schools Video Services Department will record the entire ceremony.
- Additionally, as each graduate is handed his/her diploma, a picture will be taken by a professional photographer from Lifetouch Studios.
The following items are not permitted:
- Any glass or plastic containers, bottles, cans, liquid containers and coolers (except for guests with special medical or dietary needs)
- Backpacks, duffle bags (small purses, diaper bags allowed). All bags including purses, video cases, etc., are subject to search
- Outside food or beverage of any kind (except for guests with special medical or dietary needs)
- Chair backs, tripods, strollers, bicycles, skateboards, etc.
- Animals (no animals of any kind are permitted except to provide assistance for guests with disabilities)
- Noisemakers (horns, whistles, radios, thunderstix, cow bells, etc., will not be permitted)
- Helium balloons
- Use of electrical outlets
- Weapons of any kind are prohibited