NEXT PTO MEETING: WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 11 AT 7:00 p.m.: Join us virtually at https://bloomfield-org.zoom.
A BOUQUET OF THANKS! Much appreciation to our PTO Beautification Chairs Lauren Eaton and Ban Kizy along with the Doshi, Eaton, Kizy, and Ziff families who showed up last Saturday morning to trim, weed, rake, and shovel our BHMS entrance into shape before the winter!
BLOOMFIELD HILLS SCHOOL DISTRICT MAKE A DIFFERENCE DAY 2020 : This Saturday, October 24. STILL TIME TO GIVE! Help tackle food insecurity and warmth in Oakland County! This year due to COVID 19, Make a Difference Day will look a bit different than in years past. In effort to keep our communities safe and comfortable, we will offer various ways that you and your family can get involved:
● Purchase a Blank Yard Sign to keep families WARM HERE
● Make a Donation directly toward Food or Cleaning supplies HERE
● Volunteer for IN-PERSON Community Service Hours on 10/24, 10/25, 11/7, and/or 11/14 HERE (Hours are done in outdoor food loading, socially distant garden project and contactless porch food drop offs for all ages supporting Micah 6 Community in Pontiac and MyCovidResponse.org for Oakland County. Grades K-5 must have an adult with them; Grades 6-12 may volunteer alone.) For questions, contact our PTO Committee Chair Geula Rapp at (areacode-twofoureight) 877-5456
- The updated PTO Budget can be downloaded from the BHMS PTO Website on the Our PTO Page. We have 102 families (out of 571) who have joined and would love for this to be 100% by 10/31. Please take a minute to join the PTO through Community Pass, the PTO Website E-Store or Venmo (@bhms-pto). Outgoing funds so far have supported the staff wish list purchase reimbursements.
- Principal Randy English and Associate Principal Harleen Singh talked about the COVID case response and plan, what to do for absences (talk to your child's core teachers), the Oakland County hotline for help with symptoms (allergies vs COVID?), and more!
- Staff Appreciation will be coordinating a delicious treat for all the staff at the end of October.
- Michael Morgan has volunteered to be our PTO New Family Mentor. If you are a new family or know a new family, please reach out to Michael with any questions about BHMS or ways to get connected (firstname.lastname@example.org or (areacode-twofoureight 538-8801).
PTO INFO: It’s easy to get and stay in the loop all year around by...