Links & Resources
Virtual Learning Tips
These are unprecedented times. Students may be feeling eager, anxious, confused, or scared because school will look different this fall. Here are a few suggestions to consider in the weeks to come that may help you and your child feel more prepared.
- Why select Bloomfield Virtual?
- Can my child start with Bloomfield Virtual and later transition to in-person teaching and learning?
- Will my child receive direct instruction along with peers or will the learning all be recorded video?
- What if I have more questions? What if I'm not sure if this option is right for my child?
- Will special education and 504 services be provided as part of Virtual Learning?
- Will virtual elementary students be assigned to a class for the year?
- Will viritual and in-person curriculum be consistent across the district?
- Can my student be placed with other students from our home school?
- Will my student see the same teacher all day?
- What does Virtual Learning on Zoom look like for my child?
- How will teachers and students engage in learning together?
- What instructional approaches will be used?
- Will the curriculum for in person be the same so that all students are on the same track?
- Will students be restricted from jumping ahead and completing future work to rush through assignments?
- What materials will be utilized?
- How will students receive feedback related to their learning? How will assignments be communicated?
- How will student work be assessed to check for understanding?
- How will parents/guardians and teachers communicate about student progress?