Elementary Campus Overview
- Learning experiences in all classrooms will be linked through Google Classroom and Clever. In addition, students may utilize other tools to engage with their teacher and classmates.
- Google Classroom, Remind and district email will be used as primary tools for communication.
- Learning experiences will be both synchronous and asynchronous and, at the discretion of the teacher, are designed to be completed independently and in collaboration with other students in the virtual classroom.
- Resources vary by class and lesson, but will include live instruction, links to videos, graphic organizers, scanned materials to read and engage with, reading materials including books and ebooks, math journals, as well as teacher-created and/or curated resources.
- Students and families are encouraged to be proactive in reaching out to teachers as needed, the home/school partnership is a key to success.
- The “Houses” program will serve a vital role in supporting students' social and emotional growth by promoting a sense of community within the virtual school.
- Social workers, psychologists, and/or administrators will continue to support students' social, emotional, and academic needs.
Elementary Campus Information
- Bloomfield Virtual Elementary School will follow a daily “bell” schedule.
- Students in the elementary grades (K-5) will need an adult or older sibling support for initial virtual navigation and continual time management support.
- Every effort will be made to cohort students by grade level; students may be placed in blended grade classrooms based on enrollment trends.
- Students may have a different schedule periodically if there is professional development in the calendar.
- Support services, including special education services, will be coordinated with your child's teacher and any additional staff once the school year begins.
- We anticipate all IEPs and 504s will be followed as written, including accommodations, programs and services, understanding that some IEPs and 504s may need to be adjusted based on individual needs.
- Students will be grouped in multi-age “houses” to meet on a regular basis to connect, create, and gather as a school - similar to how an all-school assembly may have looked “on campus”.
- Students are expected to attend all class meetings and attendance will be taken. Camera use is expected.
- Teachers will structure classes in the way that best suits the needs of their class learning objectives. This means that there will be full-class virtual meetings at designated times as well as times that students will meet individually or in small groups.
- Learning expectations and meeting times will be posted on Google Classroom or otherwise shared with students in advance so that students are best able to manage their time and teachers are best able to provide individualized support for all students.