On Heritage Day at BHMS students were asked to bring an artifact, favorite family food, traditional game(s), cultural toy, or an old family photograph to share with classmates and guests. Then each student had the opportunity to read aloud a letter they received from their older relative or family friend.
Students who thrive in a small environment that develops character, integrity, compassion for others, and academic skills will find success at Bowers Academy.
Founded to address the needs of non-traditional learners, Bowers Academy balances academic challenge with self-reflection, exceptionally small class sizes, and the unique learning environment of the Bowers Farm.
Our ultimate goal at Bowers Academy is to graduate competent, empathetic, aware, and empowered individuals.
- Relationships are primary, particularly in this setting. Staff are sensitive to power struggles that impede the formation of positive relationships.
- Student choice facilitates engagement and offers a sense of power to students.
- All students learn at different rates. Bowers Academy offers an alternative setting to structure the delivery of curriculum around this concept.
- The delivery of our curriculum must offer a significant departure from what students have already experienced and failed.
- Bowers Academy strives to create a safe environment for students to make choices and establish independence.
- A low student to teacher ratio is maintained.
1223 E. Square Lake Road
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304
Dr. Aileen Myer
Mon - Fri 7:25 AM - 2:30 PM