The Oakland Schools Scripps Regional Spelling Bee will be held on February 29, 2019, for students in grades 5-8. Schools interested in participating can register online at spellingbee.com by October 15, 2019.
Students who thrive in a small environment that develops character, integrity, compassion for others, and academic skills will find success at Bowers Academy.
Founded to address the needs of at-risk students, Bowers Academy balances academic challenge with self-reflection, exceptionally small class sizes, and the unique learning environment of the Bowers Farm.
Our ultimate goal at Bowers Academy is to graduate competent, empathetic, aware, and empowered individuals.
- Relationships are primary, particularly in this setting. Staff are sensitive to power struggles that impede the formation of positive relationships.
- Student choice facilitates engagement and offers a sense of power to students.
- All students learn at different rates. Bowers Academy offers an alternative setting to structure the delivery of curriculum around this concept.
- The delivery of our curriculum must offer a significant departure from what students have already experienced and failed.
- Bowers Academy strives to create a safe environment for students to make choices and establish independence.
- A low student to teacher ratio is maintained.
1223 E. Square Lake Road
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304
Dr. Aileen Myer
Mon - Fri 7:25 AM - 2:30 PM