Please take a few moments to complete this survey, put together by our superintendent search firm.
Students who thrive in a small environment that develops character, integrity, compassion for others, and academic skills will find success at Bowers Academy.
Founded to address the needs of at-risk students, Bowers Academy balances academic challenge with self-reflection, exceptionally small class sizes, and the unique learning environment of the Bowers Farm.
Our ultimate goal at Bowers Academy is to graduate competent, empathetic, aware, and empowered individuals.
- Relationships are primary, particularly in this setting. Staff are sensitive to power struggles that impede the formation of positive relationships.
- Student choice facilitates engagement and offers a sense of power to students.
- All students learn at different rates. Bowers Academy offers an alternative setting to structure the delivery of curriculum around this concept.
- The delivery of our curriculum must offer a significant departure from what students have already experienced and failed.
- Bowers Academy strives to create a safe environment for students to make choices and establish independence.
- A low student to teacher ratio is maintained.
The Online Back to School Registration process for current families is now open for the 2019-2020 school year. If your child plans to attend school (Kindergarten - 12th grade) in Bloomfield Hills Schools for the 2019-2020 school year, you are required to register annually. For Step-by-Step directions please visit www.bloomfield.org/online-registration
The calendar for the upcoming school year has been posted. A quick reference, calendar at a glance, is available as well.
For ideas on how to engage students in summer reading and writing experiences, visit www.bloomfield.org/summerreading. Students are invited to participate in the Reading Without Walls Challenge and share their photos with the hashtag #BHSReadingWithoutWalls on social media.
Bloomfield Hills Schools has Summer Camp opportunities for all ages, all abilities, and all interests! New this year, several camps will offer limited transportation services. We have also expanded our before and aftercare options. Start your adventure today at www.bloomfield.org/summer! Spaces are limited for many of our camps.
Families are automatically signed up to receive communication from their child's school, teachers, and Bloomfield Hills Schools (Wednesday Web News & Important Notices - including school cancellations). In order to receive emails, telephone calls, and even text messages, all you have to do is maintain your contact information and manage your personal preferences. If you wish not to receive these newsletters, simply "opt-out" when you receive the first newsletter (an option at the bottom of every email we send).
Instructions for updating this information are now available at www.bloomfield.org/notifications. Here you can manage your contact preferences as they pertains to emergency and district notifications.
1223 E. Square Lake Road
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304
Main Line: 248.341.5985
Summer Office Hours
Mon - Fri 8:00 a.m - 3:00 p.m.
Closed for lunch 12 - 1 p.m.