We are happy to announce the Community Horse Program managed by The Friends of Bowers Farm. Experienced horse enthusiasts are invited to help support, enjoy and share the horses at Bowers School farm through membership in The Community Horse Program.
- How do I Contact Someone?
- What is the cost to ride the horses?
- Do you Offer Private Riding Lessons?
- How many horses are in the herd?
- What is the age requirement to participate?
- How do I schedule a Private Lesson or Certification Course Evaluation?
- What are the membership hours?
- Can I board my horse at Bowers Farm?
- What if I can't come to an appointment that I've reserved?
You will pay $50 for your initial Saddle Social, where you will learn about the farm and meet the herd and our instructors. Depending on your experience and interest level after that, you can proceed a number of ways:
- Level 1 Annual Membership: $50 per year + $50 for Private Instruction or $100 for each Saddle Social
- Level 2 Annual Membership: $100 per month + $50 for Private Instruction (Saddle Socials are free to Level 2 members)
- Level 3 Annual Membership: $350 per month + $50 for Private Instruction (Saddle Socials are free to Level 3 members)
Currently, there are 10 horses on the farm, but the number available for any suitable experience (grooming, basic, or advanced riding) will vary. Look for the collection of horses to shift to support member interest and skill – you can expect new horses to join and others to retire from the program on an ongoing basis.
You can cancel a Private Lesson or your reservation in a Certification Course by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also leave a message on our member support line by dialing (248) 560-6020. To avoid a $40 no-show fee, we need to receive notification 24 hours in advance of your reservation.