Bowers School Farm expands the reach of our programs by working in partnership with various organizations and agencies. This leverages our impact, advances our understanding of program effectiveness, and builds relationships that cultivate a culture of sustainability.
- Preservation Bloomfield supports preservation of the historical buildings on the farm including the farmhouse and cabin, along with the educational programs provided by Bloomfield Hills Schools. Become a member to support community and history.
- Friends of Bowers Farm is a 501(C)(3) non-profit to raise money to support the property and programs that go on around Bowers farm. Fundraising events and community outreach efforts are provided by members. If you've enjoyed the farm on a visit and are looking for a way to give back, or if you just want a little country in your life. . . this group is for you!
- Master Gardener Society of Oakland County: The mission of the society is to enrich the lives of those who love gardening. Volunteers fulfill their commitment to community outreach by providing hands on gardening and research-based horticultural education. Members of the Society are Master Gardeners certified by Michigan State University. They love new members.
Our Educational Partnerships
- Michigan State University Extension: Bowers School Farm is a proud partner of Michigan State University Extension. The latest research-based curriculum and experiential methodology inform the instructional design of our hands-on school and community programs to give students the opportunity to understand the interconnectedness between science, food, and our natural world.
- Bowers 4-H Club: Bowers 4-H is encompassed in the Oakland County 4-H club. 4-H is a learn-by-doing, fun, educational program designed to help youth in their growth and development and to compliment experiences received at home, school and other organizations. With the help of caring adult volunteers, 4-H clubs help young people gain the skills they need to be successful.