- Student drop off will begin at 8:55AM for the AM cohort and 1PM for the PM cohort. Do not let your child out of your vehicle until you see a staff member on duty in the car drop off line. Note that our goal is to prevent students from congregating in lines or crowds and expedite movement directly to classrooms.
- Students arriving by bus or by car will circle around the back of the building to directly enter their classrooms from the playground. First and second graders will go around the preschool side, kindergarten and 3rd graders will go around the fine arts wing side. Parents may park and walk their children to the classroom door, but will not be allowed to enter the building. Please be sure to mask up and practice social distancing should you pursue this option. And much as I'd love to see everyone's new puppy, please leave your furry friends at home if you plan to walk your child to their classroom. Classrooms will be marked, teachers will be waiting in the doorways, and staff will be on hand to assist students in finding the correct door. It would not be a bad idea to practice this routine with your child over the weekend if you have a few minutes to do so.
- Students will wash hands immediately upon entering the classroom.
- This year we're changing the order of dismissal--bus riders will be dismissed first. Please make your best effort NOT to block the buses from exiting the parking lot as you wait in line. Leave a gap and do not block the driveway.
- Students riding the bus will exit their classrooms through the door to the playground, and walk around the school to the front of the building to board the bus. Staff will be on hand to supervise and assist. Again this year we'll be providing colored bracelets and back-pack tags to help students remember their assigned bus. Please do not remove the colored tag from the backpack. Note that there are no "guests" (i.e. playdates) allowed on our buses this year.
- Once bus riders have departed, classroom teachers will escort remaining students out through their classroom doors to the playground and walk them to the parking area behind the preschool (this will be blocked off--no parking) where they will wait until they are called to their family vehicle. If you choose to park and walk to greet your child, please wait for them in this area. Be sure to wear a mask and keep adequate social distance between yourself and others. Again, we ask that you do not bring a dog with you to greet your child.
We anticipate long waits in the pick-up line this year, please pack your patience and give yourself ample time, or if possible consider walking up to school to pick up your child.