What Makes Our Elementary School Different?
Belief sets are at play in every school. Some refer to it as a vision, others to a mission. Setting aside outdated educational practices of the past, at Way Elementary we nurture a culture of thinking and compassion by embracing the Visible Thinking framework.
In This We Believe at Way Elementary
- Focusing students on the learning vs. the work
- Teaching for understanding vs. mere knowledge
- Encouraging deep vs. surface learning strategies
- Promoting independence vs. dependence
- Developing a growth vs. fixed mindset
Want to learn more about our elementary school? Please feel free to contact us for an appointment and tour.
Our job is not to make up anybody's mind, but to open minds and to make the agony of the decision making so intense you can escape only by thinking. - Fred Friendly