Please take a moment to complete the 2017 Bloomfield Hills Schools Community Survey! www.bloomfield.org/2017survey The results from this survey guide our thinking for the year(s) to come. Survey closes May 5, 2017 at noon.
Way Elementary School
In This We Believe at Way Elementary
- Focusing students on the learning vs. the work
- Teaching for understanding vs. mere knowledge
- Encouraging deep vs. surface learning strategies
- Promoting independence vs. dependence
- Developing a growth vs. fixed mindset
Want to learn more? Please feel free to contact us for an appointment and tour.
Our job is not to make up anybody's mind, but to open minds and to make the agony of the decision making so intense you can escape only by thinking. - Fred Friendly
A Window Into Way
Making Our Thinking Visible
It is often difficult to comprehend the extensive amount of thinking, learning, and understanding that is taking place inside your child’s classroom each and every day. A Window Into Way will provide you with snapshots of learning opportunities students are engaged in; experiences in which thinking is valued, visible and actively promoted. By making student’s thinking visible, we can better understand how our students are learning as well as their depth of understanding. Enjoy!
BUILDING A BRIDGE BETWEEN HOME AND SCHOOL
Thousands of Metro Area kids rely on eating meals at school. Many have little or no food at home.
provides a small, nutritious snack packed with plenty of love. In order to provide this service, we need YOUR help!
Please consider donating any of the items listed below in bins located at the front entrance of the school:
Individual boxes of raisins
Paper lunch bags
Non-refrigerated fruit cups
On June 2nd, we plan on having tables set up at Family Fun Night so that Way students can fill and decorate the bags. This will give our children an opportunity to see that they can make a difference in the lives of other kids in our community!
If you would like to learn more about the services that Song and Spirit provide to our community, please click on the link below:
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact:
You and your child are cordially invited to attend the Way Elementary School Kindergarten Roundup. Roundup will take place on Wednesday, May 10, from 9:30 to 11:15 a.m.
Upon arrival at Way, you will be greeted, provided name tags and then be directed to the kindergarten wing. You and your child will have the opportunity to look around the kindergarten rooms together. As soon as your child appears comfortable, we will encourage your child to participate in one of the learning centers.
At approximately 10 a.m., you will be asked to leave your child with our support staff to attend a parent information meeting in the media center. You will hear a short presentation and learn about all the nitty gritty details concerning the first week of school.
While you are attending the parent meeting, your child will be participating in a variety of activities. The last of these will be a snack and a short school bus ride.
We look forward to sharing this experience with you and your child.
Way's doors open up at 8:50 a.m. each day. If you are dropping off your child as opposed to the bus, please do not drop off before 8:50 a.m. as staff coverage begins at that time. Instruction begins at 9:05 a.m. As a reminder, the front circle is for our buses only. Parents driving their child to school must use the car drop off line. If you would like to walk your child into the building, please park in the side lot. The safety of our families is a top priority.
Please fill out the tour request form here or call 248.341.6328.
Each student has a unique set of interests and it is likely you will have questions you would like to ask privately. For these reasons and others, we offer personalized tours of Bloomfield Hills Schools.
Dear Way Families,
I hope you are aware of our BHS Foundation's Annual Giving Campaign--We're All In.
The Foundation raises private dollars to fund initiatives that enrich educational experiences for our students.
Way has received many grants from the BHSF. These grants have allowed us to offer innovative and inspirational programs for our students.
Way grant highlights include:
- Smart Music (Computerized MusicProgram)
- Hey! That Looks Like Me! (Multi-cultural Literature)
- S'Cool Moves (Physical Movement Program Supporting Academic Achievement)
- Easy Sharing (Green Screen and 4 iPad Holders)
- Geometry Program using Magna-Tiles
- Artful Literacy (A Library Featuring Books on Art)
- Inspiration, Investigation, Innovation (Work space for Science, Robotics, Camp Google and more)
The Foundation has also funded district-wide initiatives that impact Way such as staff development speakers, diversity initiatives, robotics equipment and more. For a complete list of grants, visit www.bloomfield.org/Foundation.
Please consider a donation during this annual giving campaign. If 50% of our families give, we can win a $350 unrestricted grant. We might even win a $1000 grant!
I'm In. I hope you are too.
- Little Veterinary School - Room 31 (Mar. 13-May 1) No class April 17
- Floor Hockey - Gym (Feb. 28-Apr. 25) No class Mar. 21, Apr. 4 & 18)
- Girls on the Run - Blacktop & Room 12 (Mar 14-May 23) No class April 4 & 18
- Basketball - Gym (Mar. 8-Apr. 26) No class April 4 & 19
- Math Pentathlon K/1 - Rooms 19, 24, 26 & 31 (Jan. 11-April 26) No class Mar. 8, Apr. 5 & Apr. 19
- Math Pentathlon 4/5 - Room 26 (Jan 12-April 13, May 4 & May 11) No class Feb. 23 & Apr. 6
- Girls on the Run - Blacktop & Room 12 (Mar. 17-May 26) No class Mar. 31, Apr 7 & 14, May 26
- Lego Challenge - Room 31 (Apr. 21 - June 9) No class May 26 or June 2
765 West Long Lake Road
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302
*(Includes early dismissals, late arrivals, absences and vacations)
Adam Scher, Principal
Elaine Bosin, Secretary
|Class||9:05 a.m. - 3:55 p.m.|
|Half Days||12:20 p.m. Dismissal|
7:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
3:55 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
|Office||8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Bus Hotline:||248.341.6296 @BHSBuses|