Healthy Foods at Way
We will focus on balance and moderation during our classroom celebrations and enjoy our time together through play, crafts, and games. Foods will include healthy choices, with a single sweet treat.
- Fruits and vegetables
- Pretzels and popcorn
- Cheese and crackers
- Dried fruit
- Water instead of juice
- Food items will not be passed out to the class and staff throughout the school.
- As a means of celebrating, we suggest your child bring a new or gently used, wrapped book to read and donate to the classroom library. Please write your child's name, date, and a special message inside the cover. Another option is a new ball or piece of playground equipment to be used at recess. Please ask your classroom teacher for suggestions.
- Each teacher will make certain your child's birthday is acknowledged in their own special way.
- If you feel a special treat is necessary for your birthday child, please send it in his/her lunch.
- We will continue with the tradition of posting birthdays in the main hallway and sending students to the office to choose a special item from Mr. Scher's birthday basket.