Grading and Assessment
MYP and SBG...Are they the same thing?
- All middle-school teachers in Bloomfield Hills Schools are Middle Years Programme (MYP) teachers, because they all use the MYP rubrics and follow the MYP Assessment Policy.
- Some middle-school MYP teachers calculate grades by adding up points earned throughout the grading period. Some of these points may come from an MYP assessment and some points may come from other work. This way of assigning a grade may be referred to as “traditional”.
- Some middle-school MYP teachers solely use MYP rubrics for assessments and base students’ grades on the most reflective scores instead of an average of points collected. This way of assigning a grade may be referred to as “standards-based grading”.
For more course-specific information, please view each teacher’s syllabus.
- Understanding Your Student’s Grade Reporting
- MiStar Tips for Tracking Progress
- IB MYP Rubrics
- What is a rubric? A chart listing specific criteria for grading or scoring academic papers, projects, or tests.
- How to Interpret an MYP Rubric
- Grade Conversion Scale
- How an Overall Grade is Calculated
- How to Interpret a Task-Specific Rubric
- How MYP Teachers Score Assessments
- How to Help Your Child Transition to Letter Grades at Middle School