End-of-Year Clean Out and Materials Drop Off
On June 4th and 5th, we are hosting two days for families to pick up their students’ belongings. In order to keep social distancing and provide the safest measures to complete this task, we are utilizing PTCFast (our conference scheduling software) to schedule 15 minute appointments for an adult and student to enter West Hills Middle School to pick up their items. Individual teachers may or may not be present. This is not a conference time, but a structured time to ensure social distancing and limited interaction for safety. The morning of June 9th is reserved as a make-up time if you are unable to come in on June 4th or 5th. Please email Mr. Durecka or Mr. Gignac if you need to utilize the make-up date of June 9th.
Only one time slot is needed per family. When accessing the building, please gather all materials from lockers and classrooms and return any school textbooks, library books, and other materials in the bins located near each space. Lockers should be emptied completely and remain open after items have been removed. Medicine pick-up will be available during the times outlined above. Student medicine will be placed on tables in the office for family pick up. Office staff will verify pick up while practicing social distancing. Any school-issued technology should be kept throughout the summer unless the student is leaving the district. If your family does not plan to return in the fall, please drop off any school-issued electronic devices and charger cords/blocks in the bin found inside the main office.
Guidelines to Follow
- All individuals will use one entry and exit point at the front entrance (by our flagpole).
- Face masks are required to gain entry into the building.
- Hand sanitizer will be located at the main entrance for use upon entry and exit.
- Trash containers will be available in the hallways.
- Restrooms will not be available for use.
- Individuals should enter and exit the building in an efficient manner to minimize contact and large gatherings of people.
- Doors should remain propped open to classrooms to reduce the touching of surfaces.
- All requirements from the Oakland County Health Department must be followed. Individuals entering the building must be free of Covid-19 symptoms, not have had contact with anyone with Covid-19 in the prior two weeks, or traveled out of the country.
Click HERE to schedule your appointment through the website PTC Fast. Once you enter the required information for your child, you will get an email to select your scheduled time. Then follow the steps outlined in the email to schedule your appointment. Should you have a special circumstance, please don't hesitate to contact Mr. Gignac or Mr. Durecka.