Points of Pride
- In 2007, West Hills earned full authorization as an IB Middle Years Programme school.
- In 2011, West Hills earned full authorization as an IB Primary Years Programme school.
- North Central Accredited school
- National Champions in Forensics (NJFL)
- Accelerated math classes offered for advanced students through Honors Geometry.
- Spanish offered in grades 4 & 5; French and Spanish offered in grades 6 – 8
- 6th – 8th grade Unified Arts Program provides a creative and integrated exploratory experience in Fine Arts, Technology and Life Skills.
- IB technology instruction which includes information, design and systems technologies.
- The Circle of Friends Program facilitates the integration of special needs students into the regular school program.
- Three Oakland County Teacher of the Year Winners on staff.
- Awarded highest category within the State of Michigan as an Evergreen Michigan Green School.
- Student – teacher ratio approximately 25:1.
- Wireless access throughout the building.
- Over 190 computers within the building for students to use.
- Interactive/Promethean Boards in every classroom.
- Over 20 sports opportunities offered.
- Over 15 co-curricular club offerings.
- Over 80% families join PTO