Grant Applications, Policies and Schedules
General Schedule Information.
- All complete applications received by the appropriate deadlines are reviewed and rated by each Board member according to the selection criteria. If questions of a factual nature arise after an application is submitted, the applicant may be contacted by a representative of the BHSF for additional information.
- The number of grants awarded is dependent upon the number of applications received and the amount of money allocated annually.
- Selected grant recipients are notified by the BHS Foundation Executive Director.
Winter 2018 grant applications are now available. For an application, click here.
Applications are due by midnight on March 11, 2018. Call 248.341.5465 with any questions.
- Grants projects must fall outside regular school or district budgeting parameters.
- Grant applications require principal's (school program) or supervisor's (department, organization program) approval as indicated by signature request on the application.
- Grants cannot be used to pay BHS employee salaries or to pay for substitute teachers to fill in for BHS staff while participating in a grant program.
- Grants can be used to pay consultants or outside speakers as part of an overall program.
- Funding of transportation costs is considered if it is an essential component of an innovative or unique learning opportunity.
- Grants involving the purchase of technology are subject to BHS' technology policies and may involve a supplemental application.
- Grant recipients must be willing to provide scheduled reports (including purchase receipts) to BHS Foundation, to participate in publicity events as warranted, and to share results with students, staff, families and the BHS community.
- Grants may be used only for the purposes outlined on the grant application and must be used in the timeframe indicated on the approved request, unless an extension in requested and approved in writing. Grants must be completed within one year.
- The BHS Foundation reserves the right to revoke any grant and require reimbursement of allocated funds, if it is determined that funding has not been used for approved purposes.
- All materials and equipment funded by the BHS Foundation through the grant program become the property of the BHS.
- Any grant monies not expended by the grant completion date shall revert to the BHS Foundation.
- Grant request should reflect the mission statement and strategic goals of the BHS.
- Grant request must align with one of the BHS Foundation's 2015/16 targeted areas.
- Arts and Athletics
- Learning Extended into the Community
- Grant request targets programs, opportunities and/or tools that are innovative and/or unique.
- Grant request is student-focused.
- Grant request clearly outlines objectives and expected outcomes.
- Grant request details how results will be measured.
- Grant request includes an itemized budget, clearly stating how money will be used.
- If warranted, other sources of funding are described.
- Grant request includes realistic and acceptable method and schedule for reporting of results/outcome to BHS Foundation.