For National Social Work Week Bloomfield Hills Schools is featuring our amazing Social Workers!
It's National School Social Work week and we are excited to recognize our BHS social workers! Do you have a relationship with one of our school social workers? Tell them thank you for helping you! They advocate for our students and create plans for teachers and parents/guardians to implement to help our students learn as effectively as possible. Proper social and emotional support is unique to each child, and they give that one-on-one attention providing the necessary tools and resources for a student's success.
School social work is a specialized field of practice within the social work profession. Michigan Department of Education requires a Master of Social Work degree which includes 500 hours of supervised social work practicum experience. Learn more about our caring staff of social workers below!
- Sherell Burton - East Hills Middle School
- Nicole Cornacchione - Bloomfield Hills Middle School
- Laura Dale - West Hills Middle School
- Chantal DePorre - Wing Lake Development Center
- Darcy Eisenberg - Booth Center
- Lisa Fish - Eastover Elementary
- Julia Hanson - Bowers Academy
- Marisa Horn - Conant Elementary and Bloomfield Hills High School
- Cassandra Jones - Bloomfield Hills High School
- Nicola McDonald - Eastover Elementary & PREP
- Derrick Padgett - Way Elementary
- Julianne Umbarger - Bloomfield Hills High School
- Sara Wojcik - Lone Pine Elementary and Bloomfield Hill Middle School
BHHS Social Workers Marisa Horn and Cassandra Jones